Jan 31, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
Add Rajon Rondo to the mix and they should be even better.
“He’s back pretty soon,” Rivers said of Rondo. “He may play tomorrow (versus Toronto), but I’d say closer to Friday would be the target date.”
Tonight will be Rondo’s seventh game out with a wrist injury. So far the Celtics are 4-2 without him.
Jermaine O’Neal is expected to return to the Celtics lineup on Tuesday night. He had been out since Jan. 23 with a sore knee (after a knee-on-knee collision with Hedo Turkoglu).
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23