Jan 31, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
Add Rajon Rondo to the mix and they should be even better.
“He’s back pretty soon,” Rivers said of Rondo. “He may play tomorrow (versus Toronto), but I’d say closer to Friday would be the target date.”
Tonight will be Rondo’s seventh game out with a wrist injury. So far the Celtics are 4-2 without him.
Jermaine O’Neal is expected to return to the Celtics lineup on Tuesday night. He had been out since Jan. 23 with a sore knee (after a knee-on-knee collision with Hedo Turkoglu).
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 1
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6