Jan 31, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
MarShon Brooks turned some heads during the NBA draft combine with his athleticism and smooth game, and the Providence guard has been able to translate to the NBA. He’s getting a lot of run on a struggling Nets team, scoring 14.8 points per game and he’s making the most of his chance.
He missed Monday night’s game and will be out a while with a broken little toe on his right foot. There is no timeline yet for his return.
Brooks had missed the previous three games with an Achilles injury. The Nets were not saying how this injury occurred.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36