Jan 31, 2012, 10:32 AM EST
MarShon Brooks turned some heads during the NBA draft combine with his athleticism and smooth game, and the Providence guard has been able to translate to the NBA. He’s getting a lot of run on a struggling Nets team, scoring 14.8 points per game and he’s making the most of his chance.
He missed Monday night’s game and will be out a while with a broken little toe on his right foot. There is no timeline yet for his return.
Brooks had missed the previous three games with an Achilles injury. The Nets were not saying how this injury occurred.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0