Jan 31, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
MarShon Brooks turned some heads during the NBA draft combine with his athleticism and smooth game, and the Providence guard has been able to translate to the NBA. He’s getting a lot of run on a struggling Nets team, scoring 14.8 points per game and he’s making the most of his chance.
He missed Monday night’s game and will be out a while with a broken little toe on his right foot. There is no timeline yet for his return.
Brooks had missed the previous three games with an Achilles injury. The Nets were not saying how this injury occurred.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 20
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 4
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 22
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 39
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33