Jan 31, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
If Carmelo Anthony really wanted to help Mike D’Antoni out, he would get back on the court and when he does try moving the ball quickly not stopping and going into isolation so often.
But that’s not happening — Anthony is not expected to play Tuesday night (he did not take part in shootaround that morning), and whenever he does get back to the court you can expect the ball to stop every time it touches his hands.
But he is saying all the right things. So there’s that. Here is what Anthony said about his coach, via the New York Daily News.
“Any time teams are losing, that’s the first thing that comes to mind is the coach, but we don’t talk about that,” Anthony said Monday in Greenburgh. “We support Mike 100%. He’s here with us, we’re here with him. We’re going to roll with that.”
But the fact of life in the NBA is that even though the GM (and more so owner James Dolan) put together a mismatched roster that doesn’t fit the system, you can’t fire the owners or the players. So D’Antoni will take the fall. He’s not blameless (he hasn’t tried to modify his system to fit the players given him), but the Knicks problems right now are more about the people that bought the ingredients than the cook.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 5
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 12
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 23
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final