Jan 31, 2012, 12:01 AM EDT
We don’t know the severity of this yet, but if you watch the video it doesn’t look good.
Down two with 30 seconds left against the Utah Jazz, Portland’s Nicolas Batum drives across the lane and tries to turn the corner on C.J. Miles and as he does his knee buckles. There was no contact to speak of, it was more like his foot slipped a little and his knee just gave out.
Batum went to the floor grabbing his knee. When play stopped the trainer came out and he instantly went to the locker room. He had 15 points up to then in the game, including four threes, but he brings a lot more to the Blazers than that as he is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.
Post game coach Nate McMillan said he did not yet know the severity, reports BlazersEdge.com. It will be Tuesday before we get reports from the MRI that is coming.
Hope it’s not as bad as it looked. The Blazers just seemed cursed with injuries, it’s not fair.
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 0
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 11
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23