Jan 31, 2012, 12:01 AM EST
We don’t know the severity of this yet, but if you watch the video it doesn’t look good.
Down two with 30 seconds left against the Utah Jazz, Portland’s Nicolas Batum drives across the lane and tries to turn the corner on C.J. Miles and as he does his knee buckles. There was no contact to speak of, it was more like his foot slipped a little and his knee just gave out.
Batum went to the floor grabbing his knee. When play stopped the trainer came out and he instantly went to the locker room. He had 15 points up to then in the game, including four threes, but he brings a lot more to the Blazers than that as he is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.
Post game coach Nate McMillan said he did not yet know the severity, reports BlazersEdge.com. It will be Tuesday before we get reports from the MRI that is coming.
Hope it’s not as bad as it looked. The Blazers just seemed cursed with injuries, it’s not fair.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8