Jan 31, 2012, 12:01 AM EDT
We don’t know the severity of this yet, but if you watch the video it doesn’t look good.
Down two with 30 seconds left against the Utah Jazz, Portland’s Nicolas Batum drives across the lane and tries to turn the corner on C.J. Miles and as he does his knee buckles. There was no contact to speak of, it was more like his foot slipped a little and his knee just gave out.
Batum went to the floor grabbing his knee. When play stopped the trainer came out and he instantly went to the locker room. He had 15 points up to then in the game, including four threes, but he brings a lot more to the Blazers than that as he is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.
Post game coach Nate McMillan said he did not yet know the severity, reports BlazersEdge.com. It will be Tuesday before we get reports from the MRI that is coming.
Hope it’s not as bad as it looked. The Blazers just seemed cursed with injuries, it’s not fair.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 7
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34