Jan 31, 2012, 12:01 AM EDT
We don’t know the severity of this yet, but if you watch the video it doesn’t look good.
Down two with 30 seconds left against the Utah Jazz, Portland’s Nicolas Batum drives across the lane and tries to turn the corner on C.J. Miles and as he does his knee buckles. There was no contact to speak of, it was more like his foot slipped a little and his knee just gave out.
Batum went to the floor grabbing his knee. When play stopped the trainer came out and he instantly went to the locker room. He had 15 points up to then in the game, including four threes, but he brings a lot more to the Blazers than that as he is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.
Post game coach Nate McMillan said he did not yet know the severity, reports BlazersEdge.com. It will be Tuesday before we get reports from the MRI that is coming.
Hope it’s not as bad as it looked. The Blazers just seemed cursed with injuries, it’s not fair.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16