Jan 31, 2012, 12:01 AM EDT
We don’t know the severity of this yet, but if you watch the video it doesn’t look good.
Down two with 30 seconds left against the Utah Jazz, Portland’s Nicolas Batum drives across the lane and tries to turn the corner on C.J. Miles and as he does his knee buckles. There was no contact to speak of, it was more like his foot slipped a little and his knee just gave out.
Batum went to the floor grabbing his knee. When play stopped the trainer came out and he instantly went to the locker room. He had 15 points up to then in the game, including four threes, but he brings a lot more to the Blazers than that as he is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.
Post game coach Nate McMillan said he did not yet know the severity, reports BlazersEdge.com. It will be Tuesday before we get reports from the MRI that is coming.
Hope it’s not as bad as it looked. The Blazers just seemed cursed with injuries, it’s not fair.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5