Jan 30, 2012, 6:06 PM EDT
Washington Wizards interim head coach Randy Wittman has just announced that starting power forward Andray Blatche will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a calf strain. Blatche is currently averaging 10 points and 7 rebounds per game for the 4-16 Wizards.
Blatche is the embodiment of everything wrong with the Wizards — he shows flashes of scoring talent and can create shots, but has a bad attitude and no real other skills — Blatche is currently shooting an abysmal 38% from the floor, which is almost unfathomably bad for a power forward, doesn’t pass the basketball, turns it over frequently, has never shown interest in defense or rebounding, and the 25-year old forward has never been in the best shape. Oh, and the Wizards currently have him signed to a contract that will pay him $8 million in the 2014-15 season.
This injury will technically make the Wizards at less than full strength, but considering how badly Blatche has played this season, this news may end up making Randy Wittman’s job easier for the next month.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 32
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 47
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42