Jan 30, 2012, 6:06 PM EDT
Washington Wizards interim head coach Randy Wittman has just announced that starting power forward Andray Blatche will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a calf strain. Blatche is currently averaging 10 points and 7 rebounds per game for the 4-16 Wizards.
Blatche is the embodiment of everything wrong with the Wizards — he shows flashes of scoring talent and can create shots, but has a bad attitude and no real other skills — Blatche is currently shooting an abysmal 38% from the floor, which is almost unfathomably bad for a power forward, doesn’t pass the basketball, turns it over frequently, has never shown interest in defense or rebounding, and the 25-year old forward has never been in the best shape. Oh, and the Wizards currently have him signed to a contract that will pay him $8 million in the 2014-15 season.
This injury will technically make the Wizards at less than full strength, but considering how badly Blatche has played this season, this news may end up making Randy Wittman’s job easier for the next month.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 2
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1