Jan 30, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
Sorry Celtics fans, I don’t mean to rub salt in your wound. Well, too much.
But frankly this spinning game winner from Cavaliers’ rookie Kyrie Irving to beat the Celtics on Sunday is worth watching again (or at least one time if you haven’t seen it). That is a rookie calmly letting the clock run down then driving, going between the legs, spinning and getting a good look in the lane and draining it with the game on the line.
Rookie of the Year is a two-man race right now, Irving and Ricky Rubio. But Irving is moving into the top spot for me with his play the last week.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10