Jan 30, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
Sorry Celtics fans, I don’t mean to rub salt in your wound. Well, too much.
But frankly this spinning game winner from Cavaliers’ rookie Kyrie Irving to beat the Celtics on Sunday is worth watching again (or at least one time if you haven’t seen it). That is a rookie calmly letting the clock run down then driving, going between the legs, spinning and getting a good look in the lane and draining it with the game on the line.
Rookie of the Year is a two-man race right now, Irving and Ricky Rubio. But Irving is moving into the top spot for me with his play the last week.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 0
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 1
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46