Jan 30, 2012, 10:38 AM EST
Sorry Celtics fans, I don’t mean to rub salt in your wound. Well, too much.
But frankly this spinning game winner from Cavaliers’ rookie Kyrie Irving to beat the Celtics on Sunday is worth watching again (or at least one time if you haven’t seen it). That is a rookie calmly letting the clock run down then driving, going between the legs, spinning and getting a good look in the lane and draining it with the game on the line.
Rookie of the Year is a two-man race right now, Irving and Ricky Rubio. But Irving is moving into the top spot for me with his play the last week.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)