Jan 30, 2012, 10:38 AM EST
Sorry Celtics fans, I don’t mean to rub salt in your wound. Well, too much.
But frankly this spinning game winner from Cavaliers’ rookie Kyrie Irving to beat the Celtics on Sunday is worth watching again (or at least one time if you haven’t seen it). That is a rookie calmly letting the clock run down then driving, going between the legs, spinning and getting a good look in the lane and draining it with the game on the line.
Rookie of the Year is a two-man race right now, Irving and Ricky Rubio. But Irving is moving into the top spot for me with his play the last week.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30