Jan 30, 2012, 9:54 PM EDT
It’s official, we have a mutual admiration society.
From the “what else was he going to say?” file, we have Derrick Rose returning the favor of Howard’s kind words and singing the praises of Dwight Howard. And he got in a shoe plug, so well done. Here’s the quote via CSNChicago.com:
“Me and Dwight definitely have a relationship, especially because of adidas. I know our market and the city speaks for itself, if someone was interested to come to the Chicago Bulls. Dwight, he’s a great player. Who wouldn’t want to play with him, but you never know what’s going to happen.”
We’re still a long way from this happening. First, Orlando has to decide they want to trade him. Then they’d have to decide setting up a second Eastern Conference powerhouse for the next five years (at least) was in their interests. And they’d have to like the Bulls trade package better than the Lakers. And… you get the idea.
But the admiration society is in force.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 26
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 30
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 18
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 14
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26