Jan 30, 2012, 9:54 PM EST
It’s official, we have a mutual admiration society.
From the “what else was he going to say?” file, we have Derrick Rose returning the favor of Howard’s kind words and singing the praises of Dwight Howard. And he got in a shoe plug, so well done. Here’s the quote via CSNChicago.com:
“Me and Dwight definitely have a relationship, especially because of adidas. I know our market and the city speaks for itself, if someone was interested to come to the Chicago Bulls. Dwight, he’s a great player. Who wouldn’t want to play with him, but you never know what’s going to happen.”
We’re still a long way from this happening. First, Orlando has to decide they want to trade him. Then they’d have to decide setting up a second Eastern Conference powerhouse for the next five years (at least) was in their interests. And they’d have to like the Bulls trade package better than the Lakers. And… you get the idea.
But the admiration society is in force.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13