Jan 30, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Former Net Jayson Williams is now the “Moses of Rikers.”
Can you blame all the problems in your life on Minnesota GM David Kahn? Maybe.
The Orlando Magic play the Indiana Pacers in Indianapolis Saturday. Sunday the New York Giants play the New England Patriots in Indy in Super Bowl XLVI (which you can watch streaming here on NBCSports.com, if I can throw in a plug). The Orlando Magic didn’t book their hotel long in advance due to the lockout. Now, basically every hotel room in the city is booked and the Magic are scrambling.
There’s a rumor (really some random talk) going around that Mitch Kupchak might leave as Lakers GM. I would say don’t put much stock into that.
NBA players are getting to the free throw line less often this season. League official Stu Jackson talked about if it about the officiating.
Andris Biedrins is in coach Mark Jackson’s doghouse because of a lack of production. No way anyone saw that coming…
EuroBasket sensation Bo McCalebb says the NBA can wait.
Like he is in preperations for games and with his shot, Ray Allen is all about consistency and repetition when naming his kids.
The Warriors owners paid a premium for their franchise, but it’s already paying off.
The Nets have brought Jordan Williams back up from the D-League.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 1
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 7
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 35
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars