Jan 30, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Former Net Jayson Williams is now the “Moses of Rikers.”
Can you blame all the problems in your life on Minnesota GM David Kahn? Maybe.
The Orlando Magic play the Indiana Pacers in Indianapolis Saturday. Sunday the New York Giants play the New England Patriots in Indy in Super Bowl XLVI (which you can watch streaming here on NBCSports.com, if I can throw in a plug). The Orlando Magic didn’t book their hotel long in advance due to the lockout. Now, basically every hotel room in the city is booked and the Magic are scrambling.
There’s a rumor (really some random talk) going around that Mitch Kupchak might leave as Lakers GM. I would say don’t put much stock into that.
NBA players are getting to the free throw line less often this season. League official Stu Jackson talked about if it about the officiating.
Andris Biedrins is in coach Mark Jackson’s doghouse because of a lack of production. No way anyone saw that coming…
EuroBasket sensation Bo McCalebb says the NBA can wait.
Like he is in preperations for games and with his shot, Ray Allen is all about consistency and repetition when naming his kids.
The Warriors owners paid a premium for their franchise, but it’s already paying off.
The Nets have brought Jordan Williams back up from the D-League.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85