Jan 30, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
The Knicks are impatient. Losing will do that to you, and the Knicks are 1-9 in their last 10. Knicks fans are building a Texas A&M sized bonfire under coach Mike D’Antoni’s seat.
Everyone is waiting to see what Baron Davis brings. It’s unfair to have him thrust into the role of savior, but he is the only big change on the horizon. And nobody is patiently waiting for him. Even the players wonder what is going on, reports the New York Post.
Some Knicks are surprised point guard Baron Davis did not make his debut on their four-game recent road trip, according to a person familiar with the situation… Davis, who has not played this season because of herniated disks, keeps postponing his Knicks debut after returning to practice one week ago because he feels he is not sharp or strong enough yet in scrimmages.
And it may be another week or more before he does step on the court, reports the New York Times.
Baron Davis probably will not make his Knicks debut for another week or two, according to people familiar with his rehabilitation. Davis, who is recovering from a herniated disk, is considered physically sound, but he is still working his way back into basketball shape after nine months of relative inactivity. Davis just began practicing last Monday, and he has been scrimmaging full court.
Baron Davis is not the answer for the Knicks. But he is an answer, he is better than any point guards on their roster and will organize the offense better than Toney Douglas or Iman Shumpert or Jeremy Lin. The problem is history shows Davis tends to lost focus and start shooting when he should pass, he’ll stop pushing the pace.
Knicks fans are hoping history does not repeat itself. But with the Knicks currently on the outside looking in at the playoffs, everyone around the team just wants and needs Davis on the court. Sooner rather than later. He’s their best hope on the roster.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 7
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional