Jan 30, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
The Cavalry will not come charging over the hill to save the Knicks on Tuesday, it appears.
Both Carmelo Anthony and Baron Davis did not practice with the team Monday and appear out for Tuesday’s game against the Pistons, according to Howard Beck of the New York Times. Coach Mike D’Antoni called Anthony “doubtful” due to wrist and assorted other injuries, and Davis isn’t expected to practice again until Wednesday, so he is looking more like next week (at best).
This past summer, Davis filmed a role as a gym teacher in Adam Sandler’s “Donny’s Boy” (formerly “I Hate You, Dad”), which bows in June. Next, he’ll shop to networks a self-produced pilot for “I Love Boom,” a reality-based sitcom that Davis describes as “Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Entourage,” about the off-court life of an NBA player (Davis, playing himself). “It’s an offbeat look at a player’s typical day off, when he goes to doctor’s appointments and always says the wrong things,” Davis offers.
Davis has even hired an acting coach.
Honestly, as fans it shouldn’t bother us when players have projects on the side — our lives would be pretty dull if all we did was our job and we didn’t have families an hobbies. The time for concern is when those hobbies get in the way of work.
Davis doesn’t exactly have a history as the most focused guy in the first place. Not that Knicks fans want or need any more reasons for concern, we’re just saying be careful about putting all your eggs in the Baron basket.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2