Jan 30, 2012, 2:48 PM EST
The Cavalry will not come charging over the hill to save the Knicks on Tuesday, it appears.
Both Carmelo Anthony and Baron Davis did not practice with the team Monday and appear out for Tuesday’s game against the Pistons, according to Howard Beck of the New York Times. Coach Mike D’Antoni called Anthony “doubtful” due to wrist and assorted other injuries, and Davis isn’t expected to practice again until Wednesday, so he is looking more like next week (at best).
This past summer, Davis filmed a role as a gym teacher in Adam Sandler’s “Donny’s Boy” (formerly “I Hate You, Dad”), which bows in June. Next, he’ll shop to networks a self-produced pilot for “I Love Boom,” a reality-based sitcom that Davis describes as “Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Entourage,” about the off-court life of an NBA player (Davis, playing himself). “It’s an offbeat look at a player’s typical day off, when he goes to doctor’s appointments and always says the wrong things,” Davis offers.
Davis has even hired an acting coach.
Honestly, as fans it shouldn’t bother us when players have projects on the side — our lives would be pretty dull if all we did was our job and we didn’t have families an hobbies. The time for concern is when those hobbies get in the way of work.
Davis doesn’t exactly have a history as the most focused guy in the first place. Not that Knicks fans want or need any more reasons for concern, we’re just saying be careful about putting all your eggs in the Baron basket.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20