Jan 30, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
The Cavalry will not come charging over the hill to save the Knicks on Tuesday, it appears.
Both Carmelo Anthony and Baron Davis did not practice with the team Monday and appear out for Tuesday’s game against the Pistons, according to Howard Beck of the New York Times. Coach Mike D’Antoni called Anthony “doubtful” due to wrist and assorted other injuries, and Davis isn’t expected to practice again until Wednesday, so he is looking more like next week (at best).
This past summer, Davis filmed a role as a gym teacher in Adam Sandler’s “Donny’s Boy” (formerly “I Hate You, Dad”), which bows in June. Next, he’ll shop to networks a self-produced pilot for “I Love Boom,” a reality-based sitcom that Davis describes as “Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Entourage,” about the off-court life of an NBA player (Davis, playing himself). “It’s an offbeat look at a player’s typical day off, when he goes to doctor’s appointments and always says the wrong things,” Davis offers.
Davis has even hired an acting coach.
Honestly, as fans it shouldn’t bother us when players have projects on the side — our lives would be pretty dull if all we did was our job and we didn’t have families an hobbies. The time for concern is when those hobbies get in the way of work.
Davis doesn’t exactly have a history as the most focused guy in the first place. Not that Knicks fans want or need any more reasons for concern, we’re just saying be careful about putting all your eggs in the Baron basket.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 0
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 7
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6