Jan 30, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
The Cavalry will not come charging over the hill to save the Knicks on Tuesday, it appears.
Both Carmelo Anthony and Baron Davis did not practice with the team Monday and appear out for Tuesday’s game against the Pistons, according to Howard Beck of the New York Times. Coach Mike D’Antoni called Anthony “doubtful” due to wrist and assorted other injuries, and Davis isn’t expected to practice again until Wednesday, so he is looking more like next week (at best).
This past summer, Davis filmed a role as a gym teacher in Adam Sandler’s “Donny’s Boy” (formerly “I Hate You, Dad”), which bows in June. Next, he’ll shop to networks a self-produced pilot for “I Love Boom,” a reality-based sitcom that Davis describes as “Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Entourage,” about the off-court life of an NBA player (Davis, playing himself). “It’s an offbeat look at a player’s typical day off, when he goes to doctor’s appointments and always says the wrong things,” Davis offers.
Davis has even hired an acting coach.
Honestly, as fans it shouldn’t bother us when players have projects on the side — our lives would be pretty dull if all we did was our job and we didn’t have families an hobbies. The time for concern is when those hobbies get in the way of work.
Davis doesn’t exactly have a history as the most focused guy in the first place. Not that Knicks fans want or need any more reasons for concern, we’re just saying be careful about putting all your eggs in the Baron basket.
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 1
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 29
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 50
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (80)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay