Jan 30, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
The Cavalry will not come charging over the hill to save the Knicks on Tuesday, it appears.
Both Carmelo Anthony and Baron Davis did not practice with the team Monday and appear out for Tuesday’s game against the Pistons, according to Howard Beck of the New York Times. Coach Mike D’Antoni called Anthony “doubtful” due to wrist and assorted other injuries, and Davis isn’t expected to practice again until Wednesday, so he is looking more like next week (at best).
This past summer, Davis filmed a role as a gym teacher in Adam Sandler’s “Donny’s Boy” (formerly “I Hate You, Dad”), which bows in June. Next, he’ll shop to networks a self-produced pilot for “I Love Boom,” a reality-based sitcom that Davis describes as “Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Entourage,” about the off-court life of an NBA player (Davis, playing himself). “It’s an offbeat look at a player’s typical day off, when he goes to doctor’s appointments and always says the wrong things,” Davis offers.
Davis has even hired an acting coach.
Honestly, as fans it shouldn’t bother us when players have projects on the side — our lives would be pretty dull if all we did was our job and we didn’t have families an hobbies. The time for concern is when those hobbies get in the way of work.
Davis doesn’t exactly have a history as the most focused guy in the first place. Not that Knicks fans want or need any more reasons for concern, we’re just saying be careful about putting all your eggs in the Baron basket.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32