Video: LeBron James dunks over John Lucas

Jan 29, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT

LeBron James AP

LeBron James would say after the game that the Heat may not be “lob city” but they are doing okay.

Yes, they are. Just ask John Lucas.

He ended up on the wrong end of the game’s biggest highlight — early in the game the Heat were getting a lot of fast break attempts and one included a lob where LeBron jumped over Lucas to finish.

Lucas is not exactly the tallest guy in the NBA, but still. This is pretty insane. LeBron was ridiculous and on his way to 35 points in the win.

1. mjbulls45 - Jan 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

anyone read the Arash Markazi piece on Lebron that ESPN pulled off the site?

Yeah, I know its from last year right after he signed with Miami, and I was late reading it,

I didnt know it was like that, I had no idea, I heard about it,

but after reading it,

I dont see how any educated, down to earth, authentic human being could support him.

Then again that is how probably most NBA players are off the court, but still, I dunno the whole article made me sick,

what happened to the warrick dunns of the world i dunno,

the gracious classy giving athlete is dead.

• ishudbgm - Jan 30, 2012 at 7:06 PM

mjbulls45, How many people would of read the article if he said LBJ handed out cupcakes all day….probably ZERO. But just for a second, imagine yourself being 21 years old with more money than the professional sports stars in your own town…how much ridicolous senseless things would you do??????? Personally I would of been caught in a hotel room with 100 strippers…..SUMMARY….LBJ never got caught with drugs, anything illegal and hasn’t gotten in trouble with the law but yet we act like he got caught cheating on his wife and then told on his teammates cheating on their wives, oh sorry that was KOBE!!!!

2. redbullenergydrink - Jan 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Easily one of the top 10 plays of the year!

3. tebow4lyf - Jan 30, 2012 at 12:54 AM

The best in the business

4. iskuterista - Jan 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM

definitely taller than a Kia

• mannyfresh209 - Jan 30, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Hahaha nice!

5. baron30 - Jan 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM

He is a beast. I honestly feel that Bron Bron has short changed NBA fans by never showing up in a dunk contest. All the greats have done it while they were young and could bounce (Dr. J., MJ, Kobe, Vinsantiy, Dwight (albeit not really known for his dunks), Blake). Too bad Lebron’s ego is too scared based on the remote possibility that he could lose.

• rooney24 - Jan 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

But, what makes for a nice dunk in-game would be a boring dunk in the contest. In order to win the contest, you pretty much need at least one weird dunk that you can nail. Unless you win on name alone, then he might have had a chance before he left Cleveland.

6. southbeachtalent - Jan 30, 2012 at 9:47 AM

sick!

7. jerseyfinatic - Jan 30, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Not to be a hater but this is nothing compared to Vince Carters dunk over the 7’2 fred weiss. Vince Carter is the greatest dunker in NBA history

8. phillipsta1 - Jan 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM

One of the sickest dunks I have ever seen. The dunk coming in game makes it so much better. Though I do wonder, where was the technical for taunting after the dunk? Every dunk that results in a 3-5 second stare down seems to get a tech…unless you play for the Heat I guess.

9. genericcommenter - Jan 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

“not exactly the tallest guy”= 5’10.

• redbullenergydrink - Jan 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Are you saying you could dunk over him? Didn’t think so either.

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches