Jan 29, 2012, 8:04 AM EST
That could be a while.
Rondo tried to be vague when CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato asked him when he might return, but the dates he threw out were not any time soon.
“I am going to play — one day. Maybe like next — hopefully before All-Star Break. That’s my goal, to come back before All-Star. I’m going to try to get February, like my birthday, like before Oklahoma.”
His birthday is Feb. 22. The All-Star Game is Feb. 26.
So it is looking like three more weeks or so before Rondo’s sore wrist lets him back on the court. Rookie E’Twaun Moore has had some solid play in his absence, but with a rookie you get up and down performance. Pierce has taken on the playmaking duties, but that is asking a lot of him every night. Boston may have to live with that for a while.
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 5
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 21
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)