Jan 29, 2012, 8:04 AM EST
That could be a while.
Rondo tried to be vague when CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato asked him when he might return, but the dates he threw out were not any time soon.
“I am going to play — one day. Maybe like next — hopefully before All-Star Break. That’s my goal, to come back before All-Star. I’m going to try to get February, like my birthday, like before Oklahoma.”
His birthday is Feb. 22. The All-Star Game is Feb. 26.
So it is looking like three more weeks or so before Rondo’s sore wrist lets him back on the court. Rookie E’Twaun Moore has had some solid play in his absence, but with a rookie you get up and down performance. Pierce has taken on the playmaking duties, but that is asking a lot of him every night. Boston may have to live with that for a while.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11