Jan 29, 2012, 8:04 AM EDT
That could be a while.
Rondo tried to be vague when CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato asked him when he might return, but the dates he threw out were not any time soon.
“I am going to play — one day. Maybe like next — hopefully before All-Star Break. That’s my goal, to come back before All-Star. I’m going to try to get February, like my birthday, like before Oklahoma.”
His birthday is Feb. 22. The All-Star Game is Feb. 26.
So it is looking like three more weeks or so before Rondo’s sore wrist lets him back on the court. Rookie E’Twaun Moore has had some solid play in his absence, but with a rookie you get up and down performance. Pierce has taken on the playmaking duties, but that is asking a lot of him every night. Boston may have to live with that for a while.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 37
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14