Jan 29, 2012, 8:04 AM EDT
That could be a while.
Rondo tried to be vague when CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato asked him when he might return, but the dates he threw out were not any time soon.
“I am going to play — one day. Maybe like next — hopefully before All-Star Break. That’s my goal, to come back before All-Star. I’m going to try to get February, like my birthday, like before Oklahoma.”
His birthday is Feb. 22. The All-Star Game is Feb. 26.
So it is looking like three more weeks or so before Rondo’s sore wrist lets him back on the court. Rookie E’Twaun Moore has had some solid play in his absence, but with a rookie you get up and down performance. Pierce has taken on the playmaking duties, but that is asking a lot of him every night. Boston may have to live with that for a while.
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 1
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 18
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 16
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 16
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48