Jan 29, 2012, 8:04 AM EDT
That could be a while.
Rondo tried to be vague when CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato asked him when he might return, but the dates he threw out were not any time soon.
“I am going to play — one day. Maybe like next — hopefully before All-Star Break. That’s my goal, to come back before All-Star. I’m going to try to get February, like my birthday, like before Oklahoma.”
His birthday is Feb. 22. The All-Star Game is Feb. 26.
So it is looking like three more weeks or so before Rondo’s sore wrist lets him back on the court. Rookie E’Twaun Moore has had some solid play in his absence, but with a rookie you get up and down performance. Pierce has taken on the playmaking duties, but that is asking a lot of him every night. Boston may have to live with that for a while.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 16
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 26
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 34
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 32