Jan 29, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
That move has pretty much everybody thinking that the Bulls are looking to bring in a big man to add some depth with Luol Deng out (he’s a game-time decision against Miami Sunday) and behind Joakim Noah and Omer Asik. Who can they get? Well, here is what K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune wrote.
This could pave the way for the Bulls to add a reserve big man, which general manager Gar Forman has alluded to as far back as training camp. Leon Powe and Joel Przybilla are two players with whom the Bulls have had conversations to bolster a frontcourt which currently has Luol Deng out.
Powe makes more sense as a Deng replacement. He’s athletic when healthy, tough and he played for then assistant coach Tom Thibodeau in Boston when that team won a ring in 2008. That said, he’s never been the same guy following a major knee injury a couple years ago.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11