Jan 29, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
That move has pretty much everybody thinking that the Bulls are looking to bring in a big man to add some depth with Luol Deng out (he’s a game-time decision against Miami Sunday) and behind Joakim Noah and Omer Asik. Who can they get? Well, here is what K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune wrote.
This could pave the way for the Bulls to add a reserve big man, which general manager Gar Forman has alluded to as far back as training camp. Leon Powe and Joel Przybilla are two players with whom the Bulls have had conversations to bolster a frontcourt which currently has Luol Deng out.
Powe makes more sense as a Deng replacement. He’s athletic when healthy, tough and he played for then assistant coach Tom Thibodeau in Boston when that team won a ring in 2008. That said, he’s never been the same guy following a major knee injury a couple years ago.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 13
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 5
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22