Jan 29, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
That move has pretty much everybody thinking that the Bulls are looking to bring in a big man to add some depth with Luol Deng out (he’s a game-time decision against Miami Sunday) and behind Joakim Noah and Omer Asik. Who can they get? Well, here is what K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune wrote.
This could pave the way for the Bulls to add a reserve big man, which general manager Gar Forman has alluded to as far back as training camp. Leon Powe and Joel Przybilla are two players with whom the Bulls have had conversations to bolster a frontcourt which currently has Luol Deng out.
Powe makes more sense as a Deng replacement. He’s athletic when healthy, tough and he played for then assistant coach Tom Thibodeau in Boston when that team won a ring in 2008. That said, he’s never been the same guy following a major knee injury a couple years ago.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 0
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 10
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36