Jan 29, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
That move has pretty much everybody thinking that the Bulls are looking to bring in a big man to add some depth with Luol Deng out (he’s a game-time decision against Miami Sunday) and behind Joakim Noah and Omer Asik. Who can they get? Well, here is what K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune wrote.
This could pave the way for the Bulls to add a reserve big man, which general manager Gar Forman has alluded to as far back as training camp. Leon Powe and Joel Przybilla are two players with whom the Bulls have had conversations to bolster a frontcourt which currently has Luol Deng out.
Powe makes more sense as a Deng replacement. He’s athletic when healthy, tough and he played for then assistant coach Tom Thibodeau in Boston when that team won a ring in 2008. That said, he’s never been the same guy following a major knee injury a couple years ago.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50