Jan 29, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
That move has pretty much everybody thinking that the Bulls are looking to bring in a big man to add some depth with Luol Deng out (he’s a game-time decision against Miami Sunday) and behind Joakim Noah and Omer Asik. Who can they get? Well, here is what K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune wrote.
This could pave the way for the Bulls to add a reserve big man, which general manager Gar Forman has alluded to as far back as training camp. Leon Powe and Joel Przybilla are two players with whom the Bulls have had conversations to bolster a frontcourt which currently has Luol Deng out.
Powe makes more sense as a Deng replacement. He’s athletic when healthy, tough and he played for then assistant coach Tom Thibodeau in Boston when that team won a ring in 2008. That said, he’s never been the same guy following a major knee injury a couple years ago.
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 17
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 6
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2