Jan 28, 2012, 5:06 PM EST
Because the Bucks could afford to lose another key player right now….
Stephen Jackson has been suspended by the league after he yelled at a referee and refused to leave the court at the end of the Bucks loss to the Chicago Bulls Friday night. He is out for the Bucks Saturday night game against the Los Angeles Lakers, League VP and enforcer Stu Jackson announced. So great timing there by Jackson.
Jackson did apologize on twitter.
To all my fans apologize for my actions. Its just somethings refs shouldnt say. Gotta keep my kool. Lesson learned.
Jackson has been a disappointment in Milwaukee, which has led some fans to suggest using him as trade bait to get a replacement center for Andrew Bogut, who is out for a couple months (at least) with a broken ankle.
That is all kind of moot Saturday night.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9