Jan 28, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
Because the Bucks could afford to lose another key player right now….
Stephen Jackson has been suspended by the league after he yelled at a referee and refused to leave the court at the end of the Bucks loss to the Chicago Bulls Friday night. He is out for the Bucks Saturday night game against the Los Angeles Lakers, League VP and enforcer Stu Jackson announced. So great timing there by Jackson.
Jackson did apologize on twitter.
To all my fans apologize for my actions. Its just somethings refs shouldnt say. Gotta keep my kool. Lesson learned.
Jackson has been a disappointment in Milwaukee, which has led some fans to suggest using him as trade bait to get a replacement center for Andrew Bogut, who is out for a couple months (at least) with a broken ankle.
That is all kind of moot Saturday night.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85