Jan 28, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
Because the Bucks could afford to lose another key player right now….
Stephen Jackson has been suspended by the league after he yelled at a referee and refused to leave the court at the end of the Bucks loss to the Chicago Bulls Friday night. He is out for the Bucks Saturday night game against the Los Angeles Lakers, League VP and enforcer Stu Jackson announced. So great timing there by Jackson.
Jackson did apologize on twitter.
To all my fans apologize for my actions. Its just somethings refs shouldnt say. Gotta keep my kool. Lesson learned.
Jackson has been a disappointment in Milwaukee, which has led some fans to suggest using him as trade bait to get a replacement center for Andrew Bogut, who is out for a couple months (at least) with a broken ankle.
That is all kind of moot Saturday night.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 2
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7