Jan 28, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
Because the Bucks could afford to lose another key player right now….
Stephen Jackson has been suspended by the league after he yelled at a referee and refused to leave the court at the end of the Bucks loss to the Chicago Bulls Friday night. He is out for the Bucks Saturday night game against the Los Angeles Lakers, League VP and enforcer Stu Jackson announced. So great timing there by Jackson.
Jackson did apologize on twitter.
To all my fans apologize for my actions. Its just somethings refs shouldnt say. Gotta keep my kool. Lesson learned.
Jackson has been a disappointment in Milwaukee, which has led some fans to suggest using him as trade bait to get a replacement center for Andrew Bogut, who is out for a couple months (at least) with a broken ankle.
That is all kind of moot Saturday night.
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 0
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2