Jan 28, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
Because the Bucks could afford to lose another key player right now….
Stephen Jackson has been suspended by the league after he yelled at a referee and refused to leave the court at the end of the Bucks loss to the Chicago Bulls Friday night. He is out for the Bucks Saturday night game against the Los Angeles Lakers, League VP and enforcer Stu Jackson announced. So great timing there by Jackson.
Jackson did apologize on twitter.
To all my fans apologize for my actions. Its just somethings refs shouldnt say. Gotta keep my kool. Lesson learned.
Jackson has been a disappointment in Milwaukee, which has led some fans to suggest using him as trade bait to get a replacement center for Andrew Bogut, who is out for a couple months (at least) with a broken ankle.
That is all kind of moot Saturday night.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4