Jan 27, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Despite national media reports to the contrary earlier in the day (not here, we know who to listen to), Dwyane Wade will be back playing for the Heat on Friday night.
Wade had been through shootaround and everything felt fine, so he is a go. Here is coach Erik Spoelstra’s quote, thanks to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“It felt great today in the shootaround. We had all 15 guys participate probably for the first time maybe since training camp. I don’t even know if we had it then, because Mike [Miller] was out. So it was an very enthusiastic shootaround. It had a different feel today. Guys were excited that we’re whole. Whether that last or not, I don’t know, but we’re enjoying it right now.”
Wade had missed six games in a row with an ankle injury. He has missed nine games total this season, but the Heat went 8-1 in those games.
With him back, the Heat will be a more up-tempo team again, one that brings a diverse attack that is almost impossible to defend. LeBron James’ MVP level numbers will take a step back, but that’s what should happen when you have another elite scorer on the floor.
The Knicks will be without Carmelo Anthony in this game.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 5
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 22
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82