Jan 27, 2012, 7:11 PM EST
Despite national media reports to the contrary earlier in the day (not here, we know who to listen to), Dwyane Wade will be back playing for the Heat on Friday night.
Wade had been through shootaround and everything felt fine, so he is a go. Here is coach Erik Spoelstra’s quote, thanks to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“It felt great today in the shootaround. We had all 15 guys participate probably for the first time maybe since training camp. I don’t even know if we had it then, because Mike [Miller] was out. So it was an very enthusiastic shootaround. It had a different feel today. Guys were excited that we’re whole. Whether that last or not, I don’t know, but we’re enjoying it right now.”
Wade had missed six games in a row with an ankle injury. He has missed nine games total this season, but the Heat went 8-1 in those games.
With him back, the Heat will be a more up-tempo team again, one that brings a diverse attack that is almost impossible to defend. LeBron James’ MVP level numbers will take a step back, but that’s what should happen when you have another elite scorer on the floor.
The Knicks will be without Carmelo Anthony in this game.
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 1
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)