Jan 27, 2012, 7:11 PM EST
Despite national media reports to the contrary earlier in the day (not here, we know who to listen to), Dwyane Wade will be back playing for the Heat on Friday night.
Wade had been through shootaround and everything felt fine, so he is a go. Here is coach Erik Spoelstra’s quote, thanks to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“It felt great today in the shootaround. We had all 15 guys participate probably for the first time maybe since training camp. I don’t even know if we had it then, because Mike [Miller] was out. So it was an very enthusiastic shootaround. It had a different feel today. Guys were excited that we’re whole. Whether that last or not, I don’t know, but we’re enjoying it right now.”
Wade had missed six games in a row with an ankle injury. He has missed nine games total this season, but the Heat went 8-1 in those games.
With him back, the Heat will be a more up-tempo team again, one that brings a diverse attack that is almost impossible to defend. LeBron James’ MVP level numbers will take a step back, but that’s what should happen when you have another elite scorer on the floor.
The Knicks will be without Carmelo Anthony in this game.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 9
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 6
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11