Jan 27, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Despite national media reports to the contrary earlier in the day (not here, we know who to listen to), Dwyane Wade will be back playing for the Heat on Friday night.
Wade had been through shootaround and everything felt fine, so he is a go. Here is coach Erik Spoelstra’s quote, thanks to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“It felt great today in the shootaround. We had all 15 guys participate probably for the first time maybe since training camp. I don’t even know if we had it then, because Mike [Miller] was out. So it was an very enthusiastic shootaround. It had a different feel today. Guys were excited that we’re whole. Whether that last or not, I don’t know, but we’re enjoying it right now.”
Wade had missed six games in a row with an ankle injury. He has missed nine games total this season, but the Heat went 8-1 in those games.
With him back, the Heat will be a more up-tempo team again, one that brings a diverse attack that is almost impossible to defend. LeBron James’ MVP level numbers will take a step back, but that’s what should happen when you have another elite scorer on the floor.
The Knicks will be without Carmelo Anthony in this game.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70