Jan 27, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Despite national media reports to the contrary earlier in the day (not here, we know who to listen to), Dwyane Wade will be back playing for the Heat on Friday night.
Wade had been through shootaround and everything felt fine, so he is a go. Here is coach Erik Spoelstra’s quote, thanks to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“It felt great today in the shootaround. We had all 15 guys participate probably for the first time maybe since training camp. I don’t even know if we had it then, because Mike [Miller] was out. So it was an very enthusiastic shootaround. It had a different feel today. Guys were excited that we’re whole. Whether that last or not, I don’t know, but we’re enjoying it right now.”
Wade had missed six games in a row with an ankle injury. He has missed nine games total this season, but the Heat went 8-1 in those games.
With him back, the Heat will be a more up-tempo team again, one that brings a diverse attack that is almost impossible to defend. LeBron James’ MVP level numbers will take a step back, but that’s what should happen when you have another elite scorer on the floor.
The Knicks will be without Carmelo Anthony in this game.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 0
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 29
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 5
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2