Jan 27, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
From Bovada.lv, some Super Bowl prop bets: The odds of the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and the Celtics the NBA title in 2012: 40/1. Odds of the Giants and Knicks pulling the same double this year: 50/1. Reality: Those are both sucker bets because neither of those teams is winning an NBA title.
More interesting question: Which city is more likely to pull the NFL/NBA double first: Miami (Dolphins/Heat), New York (Knicks/Giants), or Chicago (Bulls/Bears)?
The Nets players pretty much hate the Prudential Center (their home this season).
George Karl is having a lot of fun coaching these Nuggets.
Harold Minor talks about being “baby Jordan” and life after basketball.
The FIBA World Championship will now be called the FIBA Basketball World Cup. I knew you’d be excited.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 23
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 19
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 58
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay