Jan 27, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
From Bovada.lv, some Super Bowl prop bets: The odds of the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and the Celtics the NBA title in 2012: 40/1. Odds of the Giants and Knicks pulling the same double this year: 50/1. Reality: Those are both sucker bets because neither of those teams is winning an NBA title.
More interesting question: Which city is more likely to pull the NFL/NBA double first: Miami (Dolphins/Heat), New York (Knicks/Giants), or Chicago (Bulls/Bears)?
The Nets players pretty much hate the Prudential Center (their home this season).
George Karl is having a lot of fun coaching these Nuggets.
Harold Minor talks about being “baby Jordan” and life after basketball.
The FIBA World Championship will now be called the FIBA Basketball World Cup. I knew you’d be excited.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 13
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17