Jan 27, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
From Bovada.lv, some Super Bowl prop bets: The odds of the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and the Celtics the NBA title in 2012: 40/1. Odds of the Giants and Knicks pulling the same double this year: 50/1. Reality: Those are both sucker bets because neither of those teams is winning an NBA title.
More interesting question: Which city is more likely to pull the NFL/NBA double first: Miami (Dolphins/Heat), New York (Knicks/Giants), or Chicago (Bulls/Bears)?
The Nets players pretty much hate the Prudential Center (their home this season).
George Karl is having a lot of fun coaching these Nuggets.
Harold Minor talks about being “baby Jordan” and life after basketball.
The FIBA World Championship will now be called the FIBA Basketball World Cup. I knew you’d be excited.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 3
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 12
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 15
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43