Jan 27, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
From Bovada.lv, some Super Bowl prop bets: The odds of the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and the Celtics the NBA title in 2012: 40/1. Odds of the Giants and Knicks pulling the same double this year: 50/1. Reality: Those are both sucker bets because neither of those teams is winning an NBA title.
More interesting question: Which city is more likely to pull the NFL/NBA double first: Miami (Dolphins/Heat), New York (Knicks/Giants), or Chicago (Bulls/Bears)?
The Nets players pretty much hate the Prudential Center (their home this season).
George Karl is having a lot of fun coaching these Nuggets.
Harold Minor talks about being “baby Jordan” and life after basketball.
The FIBA World Championship will now be called the FIBA Basketball World Cup. I knew you’d be excited.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 1
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17