Jan 27, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
From Bovada.lv, some Super Bowl prop bets: The odds of the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and the Celtics the NBA title in 2012: 40/1. Odds of the Giants and Knicks pulling the same double this year: 50/1. Reality: Those are both sucker bets because neither of those teams is winning an NBA title.
More interesting question: Which city is more likely to pull the NFL/NBA double first: Miami (Dolphins/Heat), New York (Knicks/Giants), or Chicago (Bulls/Bears)?
The Nets players pretty much hate the Prudential Center (their home this season).
George Karl is having a lot of fun coaching these Nuggets.
Harold Minor talks about being “baby Jordan” and life after basketball.
The FIBA World Championship will now be called the FIBA Basketball World Cup. I knew you’d be excited.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9