Jan 27, 2012, 5:11 PM EST
The official report on Andrew Bogut’s fractured ankle is out and well, it’s not good if you had visions of the Bucks in the playoffs.
Andrew Bogut will be out 8 to 12 weeks with his fractured ankle, the team announced on Friday. Bad news. That is essentially the rest of the season. Bad news.
Why bad? That means more Larry Sanders, more Jon Brockman, more Tobias Harris and Jon Leuer and Drew Gooden and Mike Dunleavy. Argue all you want that Andrew Bogut is overrated, he scores 11.3 points and grabs 8.3 rebounds’s per game — Bobut is not underrated compared to the guys who take his minutes.
The Bucks at 7-10 are the 8 seed in the East right now, but that is about to drop.
Bogut could be back for the last couple weeks of the regular season, but by that point will it matter for Milwaukee?
Bogut’s injury was a fluke — go up to block a shot and land on an opponent’s foot, rolling your ankle and breaking it. Just bad luck. Which seems to follow Bogut along. And the Bucks. Sucks for them.
Hopefully he can make a full recovery and next season….
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 6
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 1
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 15
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 23
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 19