Jan 27, 2012, 5:11 PM EST
The official report on Andrew Bogut’s fractured ankle is out and well, it’s not good if you had visions of the Bucks in the playoffs.
Andrew Bogut will be out 8 to 12 weeks with his fractured ankle, the team announced on Friday. Bad news. That is essentially the rest of the season. Bad news.
Why bad? That means more Larry Sanders, more Jon Brockman, more Tobias Harris and Jon Leuer and Drew Gooden and Mike Dunleavy. Argue all you want that Andrew Bogut is overrated, he scores 11.3 points and grabs 8.3 rebounds’s per game — Bobut is not underrated compared to the guys who take his minutes.
The Bucks at 7-10 are the 8 seed in the East right now, but that is about to drop.
Bogut could be back for the last couple weeks of the regular season, but by that point will it matter for Milwaukee?
Bogut’s injury was a fluke — go up to block a shot and land on an opponent’s foot, rolling your ankle and breaking it. Just bad luck. Which seems to follow Bogut along. And the Bucks. Sucks for them.
Hopefully he can make a full recovery and next season….
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)