Jan 26, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Some politicians want to force Miami’s AmericanAirlines Arena to house the homeless on non-game nights (that was part of the public financing plan). Feels like an election year, doesn’t it? And no, I’m not making an Eddy Curry joke here, that’s too easy.
Just as a note, Miami has gone 8-1 without Dwyane Wade. They expect to get him back Friday against the Knicks.
The Magic did not offer a contract extension to Ryan Anderson, who will be a restricted free agent next summer. Smart move. Yes, he’s playing at an All-Star level this season, but do you need a stretch four if you can’t keep Dwight Howard?
In this condensed season, home court advantage matters more than normal.
Also from the “as they should have” category, the Knicks picked up the option on Toney Douglas.
GM Darryl Morey talks about the Rockets future and more in a pretty frank Q&A.
Wizards owner Ted Leonsis explains whey they fired Flip Saunders. Like the rest of us, he wasn’t seeing any progress.
Unlikely, crazy playoff possibility — the Lakers or Clippers win the Pacific Division but do not have one of the best eight records in the West, then the division winner goes in as the four seed and the eight seed is out.
The Lakers have sent Derrick Caracter to the D-League as he tries to return from injury.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29