Jan 26, 2012, 11:38 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Some politicians want to force Miami’s AmericanAirlines Arena to house the homeless on non-game nights (that was part of the public financing plan). Feels like an election year, doesn’t it? And no, I’m not making an Eddy Curry joke here, that’s too easy.
Just as a note, Miami has gone 8-1 without Dwyane Wade. They expect to get him back Friday against the Knicks.
The Magic did not offer a contract extension to Ryan Anderson, who will be a restricted free agent next summer. Smart move. Yes, he’s playing at an All-Star level this season, but do you need a stretch four if you can’t keep Dwight Howard?
In this condensed season, home court advantage matters more than normal.
Also from the “as they should have” category, the Knicks picked up the option on Toney Douglas.
GM Darryl Morey talks about the Rockets future and more in a pretty frank Q&A.
Wizards owner Ted Leonsis explains whey they fired Flip Saunders. Like the rest of us, he wasn’t seeing any progress.
Unlikely, crazy playoff possibility — the Lakers or Clippers win the Pacific Division but do not have one of the best eight records in the West, then the division winner goes in as the four seed and the eight seed is out.
The Lakers have sent Derrick Caracter to the D-League as he tries to return from injury.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 5
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 15
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 20
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 11
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6