Jan 26, 2012, 2:58 PM EST
Remember how first LeBron James went around the country the season before “The Decision” and whenever he got to a new city and was asked if he could see himself playing there he said yes? Then last year Carmelo Anthony tried a calmer version of that same play, but would never say no to any city?
What playbook do you think Dwight Howard is stealing from?
With that preface, we bring you these comments from Dwight Howard in the Boston Herald when asked if he would consider playing in Boston.
“Always. Always,” Howard told the Herald. “I’d always listen to a team like that.
“My thing is I want to win. It’s not something like I’m doing this for money. I win. I want to do it my way.”
With his words he will say this whenever asked. Watch his actions, which is to say he would only sign an extension with the Nets, Lakers, Mavericks, Clippers and Magic. And really only the Nets and Lakers have any kind of trade package the Magic might consider at the trade deadline. If they move him at the deadline. Which they may not. Probably not.
Hard to see what the Celtics could trade to a rebuilding Magic that they would want post-Howard.
Things are going to get crazy for Howard around the All-Star game and through the trade deadline. But for now he is sticking to the playbook. Read into it what you want.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)