Jan 26, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
Remember how first LeBron James went around the country the season before “The Decision” and whenever he got to a new city and was asked if he could see himself playing there he said yes? Then last year Carmelo Anthony tried a calmer version of that same play, but would never say no to any city?
What playbook do you think Dwight Howard is stealing from?
With that preface, we bring you these comments from Dwight Howard in the Boston Herald when asked if he would consider playing in Boston.
“Always. Always,” Howard told the Herald. “I’d always listen to a team like that.
“My thing is I want to win. It’s not something like I’m doing this for money. I win. I want to do it my way.”
With his words he will say this whenever asked. Watch his actions, which is to say he would only sign an extension with the Nets, Lakers, Mavericks, Clippers and Magic. And really only the Nets and Lakers have any kind of trade package the Magic might consider at the trade deadline. If they move him at the deadline. Which they may not. Probably not.
Hard to see what the Celtics could trade to a rebuilding Magic that they would want post-Howard.
Things are going to get crazy for Howard around the All-Star game and through the trade deadline. But for now he is sticking to the playbook. Read into it what you want.
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 1
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 33
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 15
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 36
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'