Jan 26, 2012, 10:03 AM EST
Andrea Bargnani missed six games with a calf injury, and the Raptors were 0-6. He returns and the pick up two wins — beating Phoenix (where he had 36 points) and in Utah.
But in the overtime against the Raptors, Bargnani hobbled to the bench, apparently re-aggravating the calf injury that had kept him out. Bargnani told the Toronto Star that it was “much worse” this time around.
He will have an MRI on Thursday then we’ll have more answers. But he’s out for a stretch.
Which is bad for the Raptors — Bargnani has been playing at an All-Star level this year, the best in his career by far. He’s setting up more people with his passes, rebounding better and still scoring at a high rate. Without him the Raptors are not the same.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 1
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 33
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 8
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 6
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 28
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5