Jan 26, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
Andrea Bargnani missed six games with a calf injury, and the Raptors were 0-6. He returns and the pick up two wins — beating Phoenix (where he had 36 points) and in Utah.
But in the overtime against the Raptors, Bargnani hobbled to the bench, apparently re-aggravating the calf injury that had kept him out. Bargnani told the Toronto Star that it was “much worse” this time around.
He will have an MRI on Thursday then we’ll have more answers. But he’s out for a stretch.
Which is bad for the Raptors — Bargnani has been playing at an All-Star level this year, the best in his career by far. He’s setting up more people with his passes, rebounding better and still scoring at a high rate. Without him the Raptors are not the same.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11