Jan 25, 2012, 11:28 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Vin Baker is suing his former financial adviser for that $86 million he lost.
These Grizzlies are grinders. And winners.
Pretty soon the Hornets may play at Louisiana Seafood Arena. Seriously. Nicknames start behind The Gumbo Bowl.
Win fans free food at the end of games, become a cult hero.
Pau Gasol wants the Lakers offense to be more like the Orlando offense. One big problem here — Orlando makes you pay when you collapse the defense on Dwight Howard as they are shooting 39.6 percent from three as a team. The Lakers are shooting a league worst 25.6 percent from three — you don’t pay a price for clogging the lane on them.
Great read on the Knicks offense.
- Where I call out Dan Patrick, Charles Barkley for sounding like old men asking, “When did basketball get so bad?” 0
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 9
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 10
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)