Jan 25, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Vin Baker is suing his former financial adviser for that $86 million he lost.
These Grizzlies are grinders. And winners.
Pretty soon the Hornets may play at Louisiana Seafood Arena. Seriously. Nicknames start behind The Gumbo Bowl.
Win fans free food at the end of games, become a cult hero.
Pau Gasol wants the Lakers offense to be more like the Orlando offense. One big problem here — Orlando makes you pay when you collapse the defense on Dwight Howard as they are shooting 39.6 percent from three as a team. The Lakers are shooting a league worst 25.6 percent from three — you don’t pay a price for clogging the lane on them.
Great read on the Knicks offense.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18