Jan 25, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
Apparently the Kobe System has taken him beyond success. You’re welcome.
As part of their NBA financial breakdown on Wednesday, Forbes Magazine named the top earners in the NBA, based on both salary and endorsements. Not shockingly (and to the delight of Vanessa), Kobe Bryant tops the list at $53.2 million last year.
Kobe made half of that in salary, $25 million as the highest paid player in the NBA, but that’s not where the real money is.
While the NBA lockout angered fans and threatened the 2011-12 season this fall, Kobe Bryant toured Europe to promote Nike and the game that made him a global icon…. The story is the same in Asia. Bryant is the most revered athlete in China as a five-time champion with the Los Angeles Lakers and the heir apparent to the high-flying Michael Jordan. He makes annual pilgrimages to China in support of Nike.
The rest of your top 10 earners:
2. LeBron James ($49 million)
3. Dwight Howard ($28.9 million)
4. Dwyane Wade ($27.7 million)
5. Carmelo Anthony ($26.5 million)
6. (tie) Amare Stoudemire ($26.2 million)
6. Kevin Garnett ($26.2 million)
8. Kevin Durant ($24.5 million)
9. Tim Duncan ($23.3 million)
10. Chris Paul ($22.4 million)