Jan 25, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Robin Lopez — like a lot of the Suns players in their loss to the Raptors Tuesday — was frustrated with the officiating. Particularly when he got pushed in the back by Andrea Bargnani with 8:20 left in the second quarter and there was no call made.
So, Lopez ran down the court and made a stupid retaliation reach-in foul on Bargnani. Then stared down the ref. Then tried to walk back past the ref and intentionally grazed him in the process. (You can see it all in these highlights.)
He got ejected for that, with the official saying he was bumped. And now Lopez has been suspended one game, the league has announced.
Lopez will sit out Friday when Phoenix plays Portland.
It wasn’t much of a bump, but the league is not going to let players contact referees. Pretty hard and fast line there. But even then, this is borderline.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7