Jan 25, 2012, 6:50 PM EST
Robin Lopez — like a lot of the Suns players in their loss to the Raptors Tuesday — was frustrated with the officiating. Particularly when he got pushed in the back by Andrea Bargnani with 8:20 left in the second quarter and there was no call made.
So, Lopez ran down the court and made a stupid retaliation reach-in foul on Bargnani. Then stared down the ref. Then tried to walk back past the ref and intentionally grazed him in the process. (You can see it all in these highlights.)
He got ejected for that, with the official saying he was bumped. And now Lopez has been suspended one game, the league has announced.
Lopez will sit out Friday when Phoenix plays Portland.
It wasn’t much of a bump, but the league is not going to let players contact referees. Pretty hard and fast line there. But even then, this is borderline.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10