Jan 25, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Jason Terry doesn’t need a Dallas Mavericks championship ring. If he ever wants to be reminded of the title he was key to winning, he can just look at his right bicep.
So Terry is going to take his ring and raffle it off for charity, reports the Star-Telegram. Sort of. He’s ordered a second ring so he can keep one and auction off another.
Terry said all proceeds from the raffle will go to his foundation and will be used to help his youth girls’ basketball team – the Lady Jets – travel later this year to China.
“Everybody can get in,” Terry said. “Some lucky person is going to win it. I’ll let it run for a month and see what happens.”
Raffle tickets are just $10 and more details can be found at JasonTerryFoundation.org.
Metta World Peace (then Ron Artest) did the same thing after the Lakers won the year before (well, he auctioned off his only ring), donating his money to help mental health programs for youth.
No word yet on if Terry plans to change his name to anything world peace related. Wouldn’t bet on it, though.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 0
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 28
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16