Jan 25, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
Jason Terry doesn’t need a Dallas Mavericks championship ring. If he ever wants to be reminded of the title he was key to winning, he can just look at his right bicep.
So Terry is going to take his ring and raffle it off for charity, reports the Star-Telegram. Sort of. He’s ordered a second ring so he can keep one and auction off another.
Terry said all proceeds from the raffle will go to his foundation and will be used to help his youth girls’ basketball team – the Lady Jets – travel later this year to China.
“Everybody can get in,” Terry said. “Some lucky person is going to win it. I’ll let it run for a month and see what happens.”
Raffle tickets are just $10 and more details can be found at JasonTerryFoundation.org.
Metta World Peace (then Ron Artest) did the same thing after the Lakers won the year before (well, he auctioned off his only ring), donating his money to help mental health programs for youth.
No word yet on if Terry plans to change his name to anything world peace related. Wouldn’t bet on it, though.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11