Jan 25, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
Jason Terry doesn’t need a Dallas Mavericks championship ring. If he ever wants to be reminded of the title he was key to winning, he can just look at his right bicep.
So Terry is going to take his ring and raffle it off for charity, reports the Star-Telegram. Sort of. He’s ordered a second ring so he can keep one and auction off another.
Terry said all proceeds from the raffle will go to his foundation and will be used to help his youth girls’ basketball team – the Lady Jets – travel later this year to China.
“Everybody can get in,” Terry said. “Some lucky person is going to win it. I’ll let it run for a month and see what happens.”
Raffle tickets are just $10 and more details can be found at JasonTerryFoundation.org.
Metta World Peace (then Ron Artest) did the same thing after the Lakers won the year before (well, he auctioned off his only ring), donating his money to help mental health programs for youth.
No word yet on if Terry plans to change his name to anything world peace related. Wouldn’t bet on it, though.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 14
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 60
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13