Jan 25, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Jason Terry doesn’t need a Dallas Mavericks championship ring. If he ever wants to be reminded of the title he was key to winning, he can just look at his right bicep.
So Terry is going to take his ring and raffle it off for charity, reports the Star-Telegram. Sort of. He’s ordered a second ring so he can keep one and auction off another.
Terry said all proceeds from the raffle will go to his foundation and will be used to help his youth girls’ basketball team – the Lady Jets – travel later this year to China.
“Everybody can get in,” Terry said. “Some lucky person is going to win it. I’ll let it run for a month and see what happens.”
Raffle tickets are just $10 and more details can be found at JasonTerryFoundation.org.
Metta World Peace (then Ron Artest) did the same thing after the Lakers won the year before (well, he auctioned off his only ring), donating his money to help mental health programs for youth.
No word yet on if Terry plans to change his name to anything world peace related. Wouldn’t bet on it, though.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89