Jan 25, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Jason Terry doesn’t need a Dallas Mavericks championship ring. If he ever wants to be reminded of the title he was key to winning, he can just look at his right bicep.
So Terry is going to take his ring and raffle it off for charity, reports the Star-Telegram. Sort of. He’s ordered a second ring so he can keep one and auction off another.
Terry said all proceeds from the raffle will go to his foundation and will be used to help his youth girls’ basketball team – the Lady Jets – travel later this year to China.
“Everybody can get in,” Terry said. “Some lucky person is going to win it. I’ll let it run for a month and see what happens.”
Raffle tickets are just $10 and more details can be found at JasonTerryFoundation.org.
Metta World Peace (then Ron Artest) did the same thing after the Lakers won the year before (well, he auctioned off his only ring), donating his money to help mental health programs for youth.
No word yet on if Terry plans to change his name to anything world peace related. Wouldn’t bet on it, though.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 13
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10