Jan 25, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro said he “expects” Chris Paul to start Wednesday night against the Lakers in their designated home game at Staples Center.
Paul had missed the last five games because of a strained left hamstring.
Del Negro said he didn’t know how many minutes Paul would play.
“I kind of have it in my mind a little bit,” Del Negro said. “But I want to see how he feels after I sit down and talk to him a little bit.”
Paul has missed the past 5 games with a hamstring injury. The Clippers have gone 3-2 in Paul’s absence.
- Carmelo Anthony says Phil Jackson makes Knicks more attractive, he would adapt style of play 2
- NBA Power Rankings: Spurs, Clippers are your clear top two 6
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 8
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 8
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 20