Jan 24, 2012, 1:57 AM EDT
Somebody had the DeLorean with the flux capacitor in New Orleans because clearly somebody went and got the 2001 Tim Duncan and brought him to the game Monday night. That or the night off Saturday really helped him, because we were treated to a vintage Duncan performance (28 points).
The highlight of that is the running jump hook to win the game. We’ll call it a hook but it’s a little bit shotput the way he spins his body. Doesn’t matter, when you are Duncan in your prime these shots fall.
Another tough loss for the Hornets. The basketball gods are not being kind to this franchise.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6