Jan 24, 2012, 1:57 AM EDT
Somebody had the DeLorean with the flux capacitor in New Orleans because clearly somebody went and got the 2001 Tim Duncan and brought him to the game Monday night. That or the night off Saturday really helped him, because we were treated to a vintage Duncan performance (28 points).
The highlight of that is the running jump hook to win the game. We’ll call it a hook but it’s a little bit shotput the way he spins his body. Doesn’t matter, when you are Duncan in your prime these shots fall.
Another tough loss for the Hornets. The basketball gods are not being kind to this franchise.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50