Jan 24, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
It’s official, Dwyane Wade will not suit up for the Miami Heat on Tuesday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to Florida for a game, tweets our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Sorry fans of Deeeeeetroit bas-ket-ball, but you probably won’t see Wade in uniform in the Motor City Wednesday either.
Smart move by the Heat and coach Erik Spoelstra.
Miami is 6-1 without him and now you’ve got two of the worst teams in the NBA on the schedule, why race him back for that? Get him right, then unleash a healthy Wade on the Knicks this weekend. Sorry Knicks fans, it’s just the smart play for Miami.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona