Jan 24, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
It’s official, Dwyane Wade will not suit up for the Miami Heat on Tuesday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to Florida for a game, tweets our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Sorry fans of Deeeeeetroit bas-ket-ball, but you probably won’t see Wade in uniform in the Motor City Wednesday either.
Smart move by the Heat and coach Erik Spoelstra.
Miami is 6-1 without him and now you’ve got two of the worst teams in the NBA on the schedule, why race him back for that? Get him right, then unleash a healthy Wade on the Knicks this weekend. Sorry Knicks fans, it’s just the smart play for Miami.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 28
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)