Jan 24, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
It’s official, Dwyane Wade will not suit up for the Miami Heat on Tuesday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to Florida for a game, tweets our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Sorry fans of Deeeeeetroit bas-ket-ball, but you probably won’t see Wade in uniform in the Motor City Wednesday either.
Smart move by the Heat and coach Erik Spoelstra.
Miami is 6-1 without him and now you’ve got two of the worst teams in the NBA on the schedule, why race him back for that? Get him right, then unleash a healthy Wade on the Knicks this weekend. Sorry Knicks fans, it’s just the smart play for Miami.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 6
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm