Jan 24, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
It’s official, Dwyane Wade will not suit up for the Miami Heat on Tuesday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to Florida for a game, tweets our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Sorry fans of Deeeeeetroit bas-ket-ball, but you probably won’t see Wade in uniform in the Motor City Wednesday either.
Smart move by the Heat and coach Erik Spoelstra.
Miami is 6-1 without him and now you’ve got two of the worst teams in the NBA on the schedule, why race him back for that? Get him right, then unleash a healthy Wade on the Knicks this weekend. Sorry Knicks fans, it’s just the smart play for Miami.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10