Jan 24, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
It’s official, Dwyane Wade will not suit up for the Miami Heat on Tuesday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers come to Florida for a game, tweets our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Sorry fans of Deeeeeetroit bas-ket-ball, but you probably won’t see Wade in uniform in the Motor City Wednesday either.
Smart move by the Heat and coach Erik Spoelstra.
Miami is 6-1 without him and now you’ve got two of the worst teams in the NBA on the schedule, why race him back for that? Get him right, then unleash a healthy Wade on the Knicks this weekend. Sorry Knicks fans, it’s just the smart play for Miami.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42