Jan 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Which is probably why he was comfortable enough to admit that he made a mistake — he thought Nash’s body would give out and he’d be out of the league, not still an elite point guard now.
- (via SLAM), made before the Mavericks beat the Suns (thanks to Shawn Marion).
“I’ll say it now, if you would have told me Steve would have been playing eight years later I would have bet any amount of money you’d be wrong,’’ Cuban said. “But some guys do a great job of taking care of their bodies and taking advantage of the new technology that‘s come along.
“The thing about Steve is his discipline… I knew he was disciplined, but I thought he would fall apart before it mattered,’’ Cuban said. “All the advice I got from everybody we had was that he was going to fall apart. He proved us wrong — and more power to him.
“I give him a lot of credit. He proved me definitely wrong.’’
He’s proved a lot of people wrong. But I still miss watching those Mavericks teams. That was fun.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 4
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31