Jan 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Which is probably why he was comfortable enough to admit that he made a mistake — he thought Nash’s body would give out and he’d be out of the league, not still an elite point guard now.
- (via SLAM), made before the Mavericks beat the Suns (thanks to Shawn Marion).
“I’ll say it now, if you would have told me Steve would have been playing eight years later I would have bet any amount of money you’d be wrong,’’ Cuban said. “But some guys do a great job of taking care of their bodies and taking advantage of the new technology that‘s come along.
“The thing about Steve is his discipline… I knew he was disciplined, but I thought he would fall apart before it mattered,’’ Cuban said. “All the advice I got from everybody we had was that he was going to fall apart. He proved us wrong — and more power to him.
“I give him a lot of credit. He proved me definitely wrong.’’
He’s proved a lot of people wrong. But I still miss watching those Mavericks teams. That was fun.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 4
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7