Jan 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Which is probably why he was comfortable enough to admit that he made a mistake — he thought Nash’s body would give out and he’d be out of the league, not still an elite point guard now.
- (via SLAM), made before the Mavericks beat the Suns (thanks to Shawn Marion).
“I’ll say it now, if you would have told me Steve would have been playing eight years later I would have bet any amount of money you’d be wrong,’’ Cuban said. “But some guys do a great job of taking care of their bodies and taking advantage of the new technology that‘s come along.
“The thing about Steve is his discipline… I knew he was disciplined, but I thought he would fall apart before it mattered,’’ Cuban said. “All the advice I got from everybody we had was that he was going to fall apart. He proved us wrong — and more power to him.
“I give him a lot of credit. He proved me definitely wrong.’’
He’s proved a lot of people wrong. But I still miss watching those Mavericks teams. That was fun.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)