Jan 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Which is probably why he was comfortable enough to admit that he made a mistake — he thought Nash’s body would give out and he’d be out of the league, not still an elite point guard now.
- (via SLAM), made before the Mavericks beat the Suns (thanks to Shawn Marion).
“I’ll say it now, if you would have told me Steve would have been playing eight years later I would have bet any amount of money you’d be wrong,’’ Cuban said. “But some guys do a great job of taking care of their bodies and taking advantage of the new technology that‘s come along.
“The thing about Steve is his discipline… I knew he was disciplined, but I thought he would fall apart before it mattered,’’ Cuban said. “All the advice I got from everybody we had was that he was going to fall apart. He proved us wrong — and more power to him.
“I give him a lot of credit. He proved me definitely wrong.’’
He’s proved a lot of people wrong. But I still miss watching those Mavericks teams. That was fun.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 2
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12