Jan 23, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
In case you missed it because you were busy watching the Harbaugh family suffer on national television, Kobe Bryant was on “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” helping people who actually suffered. Real loss.
The show was working with a family in Joplin, Missouri, who lost everything last year in a tornado that decimated the town. Kobe was part of a drive in Southern California to help get winter clothes to the people in Joplin who need it. (Not to knock a noble effort, but as a Southern Californian I can tell what we call “winter clothes” the people in actually cold climates wear during the fall. It’s not the same. Not even close. But it’s the thought that counts.)
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 11
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 23
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23