Jan 23, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
In case you missed it because you were busy watching the Harbaugh family suffer on national television, Kobe Bryant was on “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” helping people who actually suffered. Real loss.
The show was working with a family in Joplin, Missouri, who lost everything last year in a tornado that decimated the town. Kobe was part of a drive in Southern California to help get winter clothes to the people in Joplin who need it. (Not to knock a noble effort, but as a Southern Californian I can tell what we call “winter clothes” the people in actually cold climates wear during the fall. It’s not the same. Not even close. But it’s the thought that counts.)
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 2
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7