Jan 23, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
In case you missed it because you were busy watching the Harbaugh family suffer on national television, Kobe Bryant was on “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” helping people who actually suffered. Real loss.
The show was working with a family in Joplin, Missouri, who lost everything last year in a tornado that decimated the town. Kobe was part of a drive in Southern California to help get winter clothes to the people in Joplin who need it. (Not to knock a noble effort, but as a Southern Californian I can tell what we call “winter clothes” the people in actually cold climates wear during the fall. It’s not the same. Not even close. But it’s the thought that counts.)
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16