Jan 23, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
In case you missed it because you were busy watching the Harbaugh family suffer on national television, Kobe Bryant was on “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” helping people who actually suffered. Real loss.
The show was working with a family in Joplin, Missouri, who lost everything last year in a tornado that decimated the town. Kobe was part of a drive in Southern California to help get winter clothes to the people in Joplin who need it. (Not to knock a noble effort, but as a Southern Californian I can tell what we call “winter clothes” the people in actually cold climates wear during the fall. It’s not the same. Not even close. But it’s the thought that counts.)
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32