Jan 23, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
In case you missed it because you were busy watching the Harbaugh family suffer on national television, Kobe Bryant was on “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” helping people who actually suffered. Real loss.
The show was working with a family in Joplin, Missouri, who lost everything last year in a tornado that decimated the town. Kobe was part of a drive in Southern California to help get winter clothes to the people in Joplin who need it. (Not to knock a noble effort, but as a Southern Californian I can tell what we call “winter clothes” the people in actually cold climates wear during the fall. It’s not the same. Not even close. But it’s the thought that counts.)
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7