Jan 23, 2012, 8:04 AM EST
Rose has been out four games with a sprained big toe but he told teammates he was ready and wanted to go in Cleveland on Friday, but he didn’t, reports the Chicago Tribune. Now with a few more days off it seems likely Rose will be ready to go. Look for how he feels at shootaround to be the final test.
Deng sprained his wrist late in the game against the Bobcats Saturday and Sunday the team had him undergo an MRI on Sunday (the results are not available). As they were with Rose, the Bulls may tend to be cautious — they are winning and they don’t want these things to linger.
Joakim Noah also will be a game time decision. He sprained his ankle Friday and was out Saturday, but he may be ready to go. Taj Gibson is not, he has a high ankle sprain and was in a walking boot this weekend. He may miss several games at least.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 5
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44