Jan 23, 2012, 8:04 AM EDT
Rose has been out four games with a sprained big toe but he told teammates he was ready and wanted to go in Cleveland on Friday, but he didn’t, reports the Chicago Tribune. Now with a few more days off it seems likely Rose will be ready to go. Look for how he feels at shootaround to be the final test.
Deng sprained his wrist late in the game against the Bobcats Saturday and Sunday the team had him undergo an MRI on Sunday (the results are not available). As they were with Rose, the Bulls may tend to be cautious — they are winning and they don’t want these things to linger.
Joakim Noah also will be a game time decision. He sprained his ankle Friday and was out Saturday, but he may be ready to go. Taj Gibson is not, he has a high ankle sprain and was in a walking boot this weekend. He may miss several games at least.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3