Jan 23, 2012, 8:04 AM EDT
Rose has been out four games with a sprained big toe but he told teammates he was ready and wanted to go in Cleveland on Friday, but he didn’t, reports the Chicago Tribune. Now with a few more days off it seems likely Rose will be ready to go. Look for how he feels at shootaround to be the final test.
Deng sprained his wrist late in the game against the Bobcats Saturday and Sunday the team had him undergo an MRI on Sunday (the results are not available). As they were with Rose, the Bulls may tend to be cautious — they are winning and they don’t want these things to linger.
Joakim Noah also will be a game time decision. He sprained his ankle Friday and was out Saturday, but he may be ready to go. Taj Gibson is not, he has a high ankle sprain and was in a walking boot this weekend. He may miss several games at least.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23