Jan 23, 2012, 8:04 AM EDT
Rose has been out four games with a sprained big toe but he told teammates he was ready and wanted to go in Cleveland on Friday, but he didn’t, reports the Chicago Tribune. Now with a few more days off it seems likely Rose will be ready to go. Look for how he feels at shootaround to be the final test.
Deng sprained his wrist late in the game against the Bobcats Saturday and Sunday the team had him undergo an MRI on Sunday (the results are not available). As they were with Rose, the Bulls may tend to be cautious — they are winning and they don’t want these things to linger.
Joakim Noah also will be a game time decision. He sprained his ankle Friday and was out Saturday, but he may be ready to go. Taj Gibson is not, he has a high ankle sprain and was in a walking boot this weekend. He may miss several games at least.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 2
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 29
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22