Jan 23, 2012, 8:04 AM EST
Rose has been out four games with a sprained big toe but he told teammates he was ready and wanted to go in Cleveland on Friday, but he didn’t, reports the Chicago Tribune. Now with a few more days off it seems likely Rose will be ready to go. Look for how he feels at shootaround to be the final test.
Deng sprained his wrist late in the game against the Bobcats Saturday and Sunday the team had him undergo an MRI on Sunday (the results are not available). As they were with Rose, the Bulls may tend to be cautious — they are winning and they don’t want these things to linger.
Joakim Noah also will be a game time decision. He sprained his ankle Friday and was out Saturday, but he may be ready to go. Taj Gibson is not, he has a high ankle sprain and was in a walking boot this weekend. He may miss several games at least.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)