Jan 21, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
Steve Nash and what is left of the once-feared Phoenix Suns came into the Gah-den and beat the Boston Celtics Friday night. That would be six losses in the last seven games, and like Friday some are coming to below .500 teams.
That is some more fuel on the growing “blow up the Celtics” fire.
Nothing is going to happen soon but the talk and rumors are swirling, and even reaching into the Celtics locker room. Paul Pierce was asked about it after the game, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“You can’t pay attention to that,” he said after the Celts’ 79-71 loss to the Phoenix Suns Friday night. “That’s part of the business. You just gotta do your job as a professional each and every day. That’s about it.”
Which is good, they have enough problems there right now.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29