Jan 21, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
Steve Nash and what is left of the once-feared Phoenix Suns came into the Gah-den and beat the Boston Celtics Friday night. That would be six losses in the last seven games, and like Friday some are coming to below .500 teams.
That is some more fuel on the growing “blow up the Celtics” fire.
Nothing is going to happen soon but the talk and rumors are swirling, and even reaching into the Celtics locker room. Paul Pierce was asked about it after the game, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“You can’t pay attention to that,” he said after the Celts’ 79-71 loss to the Phoenix Suns Friday night. “That’s part of the business. You just gotta do your job as a professional each and every day. That’s about it.”
Which is good, they have enough problems there right now.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4