Jan 21, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
Steve Nash and what is left of the once-feared Phoenix Suns came into the Gah-den and beat the Boston Celtics Friday night. That would be six losses in the last seven games, and like Friday some are coming to below .500 teams.
That is some more fuel on the growing “blow up the Celtics” fire.
Nothing is going to happen soon but the talk and rumors are swirling, and even reaching into the Celtics locker room. Paul Pierce was asked about it after the game, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“You can’t pay attention to that,” he said after the Celts’ 79-71 loss to the Phoenix Suns Friday night. “That’s part of the business. You just gotta do your job as a professional each and every day. That’s about it.”
Which is good, they have enough problems there right now.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)