Jan 21, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
Steve Nash and what is left of the once-feared Phoenix Suns came into the Gah-den and beat the Boston Celtics Friday night. That would be six losses in the last seven games, and like Friday some are coming to below .500 teams.
That is some more fuel on the growing “blow up the Celtics” fire.
Nothing is going to happen soon but the talk and rumors are swirling, and even reaching into the Celtics locker room. Paul Pierce was asked about it after the game, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“You can’t pay attention to that,” he said after the Celts’ 79-71 loss to the Phoenix Suns Friday night. “That’s part of the business. You just gotta do your job as a professional each and every day. That’s about it.”
Which is good, they have enough problems there right now.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18