Jan 20, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
There was clearly a little something brewing between Bucks swingman Stephen Jackson and coach Scott Skiles, when Jackson was benched the entire fourth quarter Wednesday. After the game Skiles said he did it because. “”I thought he looked fatigued, I guess” and Jackson’s response was “If they want to blame it on somebody, I’ll take the blame”
It’s gotten worse. Skiles has suspended Jackson from the team’s game Friday against the Knicks in New York, he missed the team bus to shootaround, tweets Charles Gardner of the Journal Sentinel.
Thursday both Skiles and Jackson were downplaying everything, but the issues clearly did not go away.
Jackson has struggled shooting and fitting in the Bucks system this year. He is averaging 13.7 points per game on a career low 38.6 percent shooting. He’s also turning the ball over. The Bucks had the worst offense in the NBA last season and were hoping that Jackson could provide some scoring without being the ball stopper Corey Maggette had been. It’s not worked out to be the case.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 14
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32