Jan 20, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
There was clearly a little something brewing between Bucks swingman Stephen Jackson and coach Scott Skiles, when Jackson was benched the entire fourth quarter Wednesday. After the game Skiles said he did it because. “”I thought he looked fatigued, I guess” and Jackson’s response was “If they want to blame it on somebody, I’ll take the blame”
It’s gotten worse. Skiles has suspended Jackson from the team’s game Friday against the Knicks in New York, he missed the team bus to shootaround, tweets Charles Gardner of the Journal Sentinel.
Thursday both Skiles and Jackson were downplaying everything, but the issues clearly did not go away.
Jackson has struggled shooting and fitting in the Bucks system this year. He is averaging 13.7 points per game on a career low 38.6 percent shooting. He’s also turning the ball over. The Bucks had the worst offense in the NBA last season and were hoping that Jackson could provide some scoring without being the ball stopper Corey Maggette had been. It’s not worked out to be the case.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36