Jan 20, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
There was clearly a little something brewing between Bucks swingman Stephen Jackson and coach Scott Skiles, when Jackson was benched the entire fourth quarter Wednesday. After the game Skiles said he did it because. “”I thought he looked fatigued, I guess” and Jackson’s response was “If they want to blame it on somebody, I’ll take the blame”
It’s gotten worse. Skiles has suspended Jackson from the team’s game Friday against the Knicks in New York, he missed the team bus to shootaround, tweets Charles Gardner of the Journal Sentinel.
Thursday both Skiles and Jackson were downplaying everything, but the issues clearly did not go away.
Jackson has struggled shooting and fitting in the Bucks system this year. He is averaging 13.7 points per game on a career low 38.6 percent shooting. He’s also turning the ball over. The Bucks had the worst offense in the NBA last season and were hoping that Jackson could provide some scoring without being the ball stopper Corey Maggette had been. It’s not worked out to be the case.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14