Jan 20, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
There was clearly a little something brewing between Bucks swingman Stephen Jackson and coach Scott Skiles, when Jackson was benched the entire fourth quarter Wednesday. After the game Skiles said he did it because. “”I thought he looked fatigued, I guess” and Jackson’s response was “If they want to blame it on somebody, I’ll take the blame”
It’s gotten worse. Skiles has suspended Jackson from the team’s game Friday against the Knicks in New York, he missed the team bus to shootaround, tweets Charles Gardner of the Journal Sentinel.
Thursday both Skiles and Jackson were downplaying everything, but the issues clearly did not go away.
Jackson has struggled shooting and fitting in the Bucks system this year. He is averaging 13.7 points per game on a career low 38.6 percent shooting. He’s also turning the ball over. The Bucks had the worst offense in the NBA last season and were hoping that Jackson could provide some scoring without being the ball stopper Corey Maggette had been. It’s not worked out to be the case.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10