Jan 20, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
There was clearly a little something brewing between Bucks swingman Stephen Jackson and coach Scott Skiles, when Jackson was benched the entire fourth quarter Wednesday. After the game Skiles said he did it because. “”I thought he looked fatigued, I guess” and Jackson’s response was “If they want to blame it on somebody, I’ll take the blame”
It’s gotten worse. Skiles has suspended Jackson from the team’s game Friday against the Knicks in New York, he missed the team bus to shootaround, tweets Charles Gardner of the Journal Sentinel.
Thursday both Skiles and Jackson were downplaying everything, but the issues clearly did not go away.
Jackson has struggled shooting and fitting in the Bucks system this year. He is averaging 13.7 points per game on a career low 38.6 percent shooting. He’s also turning the ball over. The Bucks had the worst offense in the NBA last season and were hoping that Jackson could provide some scoring without being the ball stopper Corey Maggette had been. It’s not worked out to be the case.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 0
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18