Jan 20, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
Among the perks of being president — sweet new free Air Jordans. That and a full-time chef at your disposal so if you want a pastrami sandwich at 4 a.m. you get it.
Famous director Spike Lee was at the White House recently and tweeted the picture to the right where he gave Barack Obama a new pair of Air Jordans. (Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.) Lest you forget, Spike Lee is a Nike endorser (and the guy who made many of the best Michael Jordan commercials).
If you just said “I have not seen those Jordans,” you’re right, you haven’t. Those are the new, $175 “Bordeaux” style that will come out next month, according to Trey Kirby at The Basketball Jones. Again, perks of being president. There are a few downsides to that job, as well.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10