Jan 20, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
Among the perks of being president — sweet new free Air Jordans. That and a full-time chef at your disposal so if you want a pastrami sandwich at 4 a.m. you get it.
Famous director Spike Lee was at the White House recently and tweeted the picture to the right where he gave Barack Obama a new pair of Air Jordans. (Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.) Lest you forget, Spike Lee is a Nike endorser (and the guy who made many of the best Michael Jordan commercials).
If you just said “I have not seen those Jordans,” you’re right, you haven’t. Those are the new, $175 “Bordeaux” style that will come out next month, according to Trey Kirby at The Basketball Jones. Again, perks of being president. There are a few downsides to that job, as well.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 4
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 6
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18