Jan 20, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
Among the perks of being president — sweet new free Air Jordans. That and a full-time chef at your disposal so if you want a pastrami sandwich at 4 a.m. you get it.
Famous director Spike Lee was at the White House recently and tweeted the picture to the right where he gave Barack Obama a new pair of Air Jordans. (Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.) Lest you forget, Spike Lee is a Nike endorser (and the guy who made many of the best Michael Jordan commercials).
If you just said “I have not seen those Jordans,” you’re right, you haven’t. Those are the new, $175 “Bordeaux” style that will come out next month, according to Trey Kirby at The Basketball Jones. Again, perks of being president. There are a few downsides to that job, as well.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7