Jan 20, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
Among the perks of being president — sweet new free Air Jordans. That and a full-time chef at your disposal so if you want a pastrami sandwich at 4 a.m. you get it.
Famous director Spike Lee was at the White House recently and tweeted the picture to the right where he gave Barack Obama a new pair of Air Jordans. (Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.) Lest you forget, Spike Lee is a Nike endorser (and the guy who made many of the best Michael Jordan commercials).
If you just said “I have not seen those Jordans,” you’re right, you haven’t. Those are the new, $175 “Bordeaux” style that will come out next month, according to Trey Kirby at The Basketball Jones. Again, perks of being president. There are a few downsides to that job, as well.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 7
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6