Jan 20, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Damn, that’s a big number.
Vanessa is will get about $75 million in her divorce from Kobe Bryant. It’s not unexpected — Kobe Bryant was reportedly worth about $150 million and when he married Vanessa there was no prenuptial agreement. They stayed married 10 years, through the bulk of Kobe’s career.
Now the divorce settlement is coming final and TMZ.com has the details.
Vanessa is walking away with $75 million, which we’re told represents close to half of their total assets, estimated at around $150 million.
TMZ previously reported several transfers of property earlier this year between Kobe and Vanessa. It turns out, based on the property settlement, Vanessa scored a clean sweep, snagging ALL THREE of the former couple’s mansions in the Newport Beach area. Vanessa gets the estate the couple was living in, the estate her mom is living in, and she gets the new estate that had been under construction for 2 years and was just completed.
Why one would want three homes in the same city escapes me, but okay.
So far 2012 has been a painful year for Kobe on a lot of levels.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7