Jan 20, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Damn, that’s a big number.
Vanessa is will get about $75 million in her divorce from Kobe Bryant. It’s not unexpected — Kobe Bryant was reportedly worth about $150 million and when he married Vanessa there was no prenuptial agreement. They stayed married 10 years, through the bulk of Kobe’s career.
Now the divorce settlement is coming final and TMZ.com has the details.
Vanessa is walking away with $75 million, which we’re told represents close to half of their total assets, estimated at around $150 million.
TMZ previously reported several transfers of property earlier this year between Kobe and Vanessa. It turns out, based on the property settlement, Vanessa scored a clean sweep, snagging ALL THREE of the former couple’s mansions in the Newport Beach area. Vanessa gets the estate the couple was living in, the estate her mom is living in, and she gets the new estate that had been under construction for 2 years and was just completed.
Why one would want three homes in the same city escapes me, but okay.
So far 2012 has been a painful year for Kobe on a lot of levels.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40