Jan 20, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
No real surprise here, but keep your eye on Devin Harris as a guy who could get traded.
Harris is struggling and while he still the starting point guard for the Jazz he is not the future and it’s no shock the Jazz would be willing to move the point guard they got back from New Jersey in the Deron Williams trade. Marc Stein of ESPN tweeted this:
Been hearing reliable rumblings since trip to Reno for D-League Showcase that Jazz have made it known Devin Harris is available via trade
Not exactly leaping onto a limb to suggest Harris’ TNT performance against his old friends from Dallas won’t have phones buzzing in the SLC…. Yet I’m told Jazz will keep shopping him and they’ll eventually find taker for Devin. PG is only 28 and has just one year left at $8.5M
Harris is not cheap — he is making $9.3 million this year plus he has the additional year. He is averaging 8.1 points per game on 35 percent shooting. His game has fallen a long way from the guy who had people thinking the Nets got the best end of the Jason Kidd deal with Dallas.
But he can be yours, and you know some GM thinks a change of scenery will do him good.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10