Jan 20, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
No real surprise here, but keep your eye on Devin Harris as a guy who could get traded.
Harris is struggling and while he still the starting point guard for the Jazz he is not the future and it’s no shock the Jazz would be willing to move the point guard they got back from New Jersey in the Deron Williams trade. Marc Stein of ESPN tweeted this:
Been hearing reliable rumblings since trip to Reno for D-League Showcase that Jazz have made it known Devin Harris is available via trade
Not exactly leaping onto a limb to suggest Harris’ TNT performance against his old friends from Dallas won’t have phones buzzing in the SLC…. Yet I’m told Jazz will keep shopping him and they’ll eventually find taker for Devin. PG is only 28 and has just one year left at $8.5M
Harris is not cheap — he is making $9.3 million this year plus he has the additional year. He is averaging 8.1 points per game on 35 percent shooting. His game has fallen a long way from the guy who had people thinking the Nets got the best end of the Jason Kidd deal with Dallas.
But he can be yours, and you know some GM thinks a change of scenery will do him good.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8