Jan 20, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
No real surprise here, but keep your eye on Devin Harris as a guy who could get traded.
Harris is struggling and while he still the starting point guard for the Jazz he is not the future and it’s no shock the Jazz would be willing to move the point guard they got back from New Jersey in the Deron Williams trade. Marc Stein of ESPN tweeted this:
Been hearing reliable rumblings since trip to Reno for D-League Showcase that Jazz have made it known Devin Harris is available via trade
Not exactly leaping onto a limb to suggest Harris’ TNT performance against his old friends from Dallas won’t have phones buzzing in the SLC…. Yet I’m told Jazz will keep shopping him and they’ll eventually find taker for Devin. PG is only 28 and has just one year left at $8.5M
Harris is not cheap — he is making $9.3 million this year plus he has the additional year. He is averaging 8.1 points per game on 35 percent shooting. His game has fallen a long way from the guy who had people thinking the Nets got the best end of the Jason Kidd deal with Dallas.
But he can be yours, and you know some GM thinks a change of scenery will do him good.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6