Jan 20, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Speaking of parents, Austin Rivers will likely get drafted somewhere in the middle of the first round next June, and father Doc thinks he could fit on the Celtics just fine.
That whole “blow up the Celtics” thing? It’s not that simple, and they are already kind of doing it anyway.
What has led to Portland losing a few games in a row? They’re too nice. Seriously. They all get along so well nobody wanted to call out anyone else and hold them accountable.
LaMarcus Aldridge put on some muscle this year but says the added weight has impacted his jumping around the rim.
Lakers assistant coach Chuck Person talks Mike Brown and Phil Jackson. Among other things.
The Sacramento city councilwoman who opposes the new arena for the Kings is going to try and get the issue on the ballot. Not likely to happen, but something to watch.
The NBA and India are talking about starting a new league in that nation. (Eventually, the NBA may just outsource all its games from there.)
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 1
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 27
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 7
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 20
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay