Jan 20, 2012, 11:10 AM EST
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Speaking of parents, Austin Rivers will likely get drafted somewhere in the middle of the first round next June, and father Doc thinks he could fit on the Celtics just fine.
That whole “blow up the Celtics” thing? It’s not that simple, and they are already kind of doing it anyway.
What has led to Portland losing a few games in a row? They’re too nice. Seriously. They all get along so well nobody wanted to call out anyone else and hold them accountable.
LaMarcus Aldridge put on some muscle this year but says the added weight has impacted his jumping around the rim.
Lakers assistant coach Chuck Person talks Mike Brown and Phil Jackson. Among other things.
The Sacramento city councilwoman who opposes the new arena for the Kings is going to try and get the issue on the ballot. Not likely to happen, but something to watch.
The NBA and India are talking about starting a new league in that nation. (Eventually, the NBA may just outsource all its games from there.)
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 6
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 7
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29