Jan 20, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Speaking of parents, Austin Rivers will likely get drafted somewhere in the middle of the first round next June, and father Doc thinks he could fit on the Celtics just fine.
That whole “blow up the Celtics” thing? It’s not that simple, and they are already kind of doing it anyway.
What has led to Portland losing a few games in a row? They’re too nice. Seriously. They all get along so well nobody wanted to call out anyone else and hold them accountable.
LaMarcus Aldridge put on some muscle this year but says the added weight has impacted his jumping around the rim.
Lakers assistant coach Chuck Person talks Mike Brown and Phil Jackson. Among other things.
The Sacramento city councilwoman who opposes the new arena for the Kings is going to try and get the issue on the ballot. Not likely to happen, but something to watch.
The NBA and India are talking about starting a new league in that nation. (Eventually, the NBA may just outsource all its games from there.)
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18