Jan 20, 2012, 11:10 AM EST
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Speaking of parents, Austin Rivers will likely get drafted somewhere in the middle of the first round next June, and father Doc thinks he could fit on the Celtics just fine.
That whole “blow up the Celtics” thing? It’s not that simple, and they are already kind of doing it anyway.
What has led to Portland losing a few games in a row? They’re too nice. Seriously. They all get along so well nobody wanted to call out anyone else and hold them accountable.
LaMarcus Aldridge put on some muscle this year but says the added weight has impacted his jumping around the rim.
Lakers assistant coach Chuck Person talks Mike Brown and Phil Jackson. Among other things.
The Sacramento city councilwoman who opposes the new arena for the Kings is going to try and get the issue on the ballot. Not likely to happen, but something to watch.
The NBA and India are talking about starting a new league in that nation. (Eventually, the NBA may just outsource all its games from there.)
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19