Jan 20, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal loves to needle Dwight Howard. Why? Mostly because he’s Shaq, but there is that whole silly “Superman” thing (Shaq’s nickname but a persona Howard used to win the dunk contest in 2008).
Now, Shaq’s got a big megaphone on TNT’s Inside the NBA. National broadcast where he can and did say Andrew Bynum is the only true big man in the game.
But Howard has fired back. Check out the video over at NBA.com, but for now here is the money quote from it:
“He’s mad about Superman. I didn’t know he made it up. I didn’t know Superman came from Shaquille O’Neal… He’s still mad about it. I would suggest he just sit down and get on with his life. He don’t play no more so what’s the point of talking trash. It’s not like we’re wrestlers and we can battle it out. Who cares?”
Okay then, it is on. As Stan Van Gundy says later in that same video, Shaq gets paid now to spout his opinions. It’s up to the rest of us to take them with a grain of salt.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41