Jan 20, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal loves to needle Dwight Howard. Why? Mostly because he’s Shaq, but there is that whole silly “Superman” thing (Shaq’s nickname but a persona Howard used to win the dunk contest in 2008).
Now, Shaq’s got a big megaphone on TNT’s Inside the NBA. National broadcast where he can and did say Andrew Bynum is the only true big man in the game.
But Howard has fired back. Check out the video over at NBA.com, but for now here is the money quote from it:
“He’s mad about Superman. I didn’t know he made it up. I didn’t know Superman came from Shaquille O’Neal… He’s still mad about it. I would suggest he just sit down and get on with his life. He don’t play no more so what’s the point of talking trash. It’s not like we’re wrestlers and we can battle it out. Who cares?”
Okay then, it is on. As Stan Van Gundy says later in that same video, Shaq gets paid now to spout his opinions. It’s up to the rest of us to take them with a grain of salt.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10