Jan 20, 2012, 6:50 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal loves to needle Dwight Howard. Why? Mostly because he’s Shaq, but there is that whole silly “Superman” thing (Shaq’s nickname but a persona Howard used to win the dunk contest in 2008).
Now, Shaq’s got a big megaphone on TNT’s Inside the NBA. National broadcast where he can and did say Andrew Bynum is the only true big man in the game.
But Howard has fired back. Check out the video over at NBA.com, but for now here is the money quote from it:
“He’s mad about Superman. I didn’t know he made it up. I didn’t know Superman came from Shaquille O’Neal… He’s still mad about it. I would suggest he just sit down and get on with his life. He don’t play no more so what’s the point of talking trash. It’s not like we’re wrestlers and we can battle it out. Who cares?”
Okay then, it is on. As Stan Van Gundy says later in that same video, Shaq gets paid now to spout his opinions. It’s up to the rest of us to take them with a grain of salt.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29