Jan 20, 2012, 6:50 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal loves to needle Dwight Howard. Why? Mostly because he’s Shaq, but there is that whole silly “Superman” thing (Shaq’s nickname but a persona Howard used to win the dunk contest in 2008).
Now, Shaq’s got a big megaphone on TNT’s Inside the NBA. National broadcast where he can and did say Andrew Bynum is the only true big man in the game.
But Howard has fired back. Check out the video over at NBA.com, but for now here is the money quote from it:
“He’s mad about Superman. I didn’t know he made it up. I didn’t know Superman came from Shaquille O’Neal… He’s still mad about it. I would suggest he just sit down and get on with his life. He don’t play no more so what’s the point of talking trash. It’s not like we’re wrestlers and we can battle it out. Who cares?”
Okay then, it is on. As Stan Van Gundy says later in that same video, Shaq gets paid now to spout his opinions. It’s up to the rest of us to take them with a grain of salt.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 0
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 1
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 5
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 6
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 8
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5