Jan 20, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
We had passed along word of the arrest of former NBA player and current Mavericks assistant coach Darrell Armstrong the other day. He was picked up in Los Angeles but the warrant was for gambling debt with Harrah’s Las Vegas.
Now the whole thing may go away soon. It’s all about the money. The Associated Press explains.
The $40,000 bail that a Dallas Mavericks assistant coach posted can be used to clear up a Las Vegas casino debt that led to his arrest in Los Angeles County, a prosecutor said Thursday.
“Usually the bail set is the same as the amount owed,” Bateman told The Associated Press. “He agreed to convert it to restitution in return for dropping the case.”
And now we are moving on.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 3
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 24
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6