Jan 20, 2012, 10:38 AM EST
We had passed along word of the arrest of former NBA player and current Mavericks assistant coach Darrell Armstrong the other day. He was picked up in Los Angeles but the warrant was for gambling debt with Harrah’s Las Vegas.
Now the whole thing may go away soon. It’s all about the money. The Associated Press explains.
The $40,000 bail that a Dallas Mavericks assistant coach posted can be used to clear up a Las Vegas casino debt that led to his arrest in Los Angeles County, a prosecutor said Thursday.
“Usually the bail set is the same as the amount owed,” Bateman told The Associated Press. “He agreed to convert it to restitution in return for dropping the case.”
And now we are moving on.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41