Jan 20, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
We had passed along word of the arrest of former NBA player and current Mavericks assistant coach Darrell Armstrong the other day. He was picked up in Los Angeles but the warrant was for gambling debt with Harrah’s Las Vegas.
Now the whole thing may go away soon. It’s all about the money. The Associated Press explains.
The $40,000 bail that a Dallas Mavericks assistant coach posted can be used to clear up a Las Vegas casino debt that led to his arrest in Los Angeles County, a prosecutor said Thursday.
“Usually the bail set is the same as the amount owed,” Bateman told The Associated Press. “He agreed to convert it to restitution in return for dropping the case.”
And now we are moving on.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38