Jan 20, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
We had passed along word of the arrest of former NBA player and current Mavericks assistant coach Darrell Armstrong the other day. He was picked up in Los Angeles but the warrant was for gambling debt with Harrah’s Las Vegas.
Now the whole thing may go away soon. It’s all about the money. The Associated Press explains.
The $40,000 bail that a Dallas Mavericks assistant coach posted can be used to clear up a Las Vegas casino debt that led to his arrest in Los Angeles County, a prosecutor said Thursday.
“Usually the bail set is the same as the amount owed,” Bateman told The Associated Press. “He agreed to convert it to restitution in return for dropping the case.”
And now we are moving on.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40