Jan 19, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
Adrian Wojnarowski was on NBC’s SportsTalk Thursday talking about Russell Westbrook‘s new deal — five years at $80 million. — and what that means for the Thunder going forward.
The big question as the bills come due over the next few years for Oklahoma City is how much this small-market ownership is really willing to spend to keep a contender together? They are selling out the building but how much will the new revenue sharing help them, because OKC is the smallest television market of the NBA cities.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 27
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22