Jan 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
What are the Sixers doing right on defense? Giving you all the long two-pointers you want. (This is what the Spurs did so well at their peak.)
Vanilla Ice will be performing at halftime of an upcoming Pistons game. In case you needed another reason to stay away.
Not many people are going to see the Pacers play, either, and it has far less to do with the halftime entertainment and much more to do with the cost.
Call it a hot seat, call it pressure, Vinny Del Negro is feeling it in Los Angeles.
J.R. Smith is still destroying people in China.
Sean May is trying to find his way back to the NBA via Croatia.
Zydrunas Ilgauskas is working for the Cavaliers as a special assistant to the GM. Quality hire.
The Larry Bird/Magic Johnson play will debut in New York in April.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 35
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13