Jan 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
What are the Sixers doing right on defense? Giving you all the long two-pointers you want. (This is what the Spurs did so well at their peak.)
Vanilla Ice will be performing at halftime of an upcoming Pistons game. In case you needed another reason to stay away.
Not many people are going to see the Pacers play, either, and it has far less to do with the halftime entertainment and much more to do with the cost.
Call it a hot seat, call it pressure, Vinny Del Negro is feeling it in Los Angeles.
J.R. Smith is still destroying people in China.
Sean May is trying to find his way back to the NBA via Croatia.
Zydrunas Ilgauskas is working for the Cavaliers as a special assistant to the GM. Quality hire.
The Larry Bird/Magic Johnson play will debut in New York in April.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48