Jan 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EST
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
What are the Sixers doing right on defense? Giving you all the long two-pointers you want. (This is what the Spurs did so well at their peak.)
Vanilla Ice will be performing at halftime of an upcoming Pistons game. In case you needed another reason to stay away.
Not many people are going to see the Pacers play, either, and it has far less to do with the halftime entertainment and much more to do with the cost.
Call it a hot seat, call it pressure, Vinny Del Negro is feeling it in Los Angeles.
J.R. Smith is still destroying people in China.
Sean May is trying to find his way back to the NBA via Croatia.
Zydrunas Ilgauskas is working for the Cavaliers as a special assistant to the GM. Quality hire.
The Larry Bird/Magic Johnson play will debut in New York in April.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)