Jan 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
What are the Sixers doing right on defense? Giving you all the long two-pointers you want. (This is what the Spurs did so well at their peak.)
Vanilla Ice will be performing at halftime of an upcoming Pistons game. In case you needed another reason to stay away.
Not many people are going to see the Pacers play, either, and it has far less to do with the halftime entertainment and much more to do with the cost.
Call it a hot seat, call it pressure, Vinny Del Negro is feeling it in Los Angeles.
J.R. Smith is still destroying people in China.
Sean May is trying to find his way back to the NBA via Croatia.
Zydrunas Ilgauskas is working for the Cavaliers as a special assistant to the GM. Quality hire.
The Larry Bird/Magic Johnson play will debut in New York in April.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 22
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 16
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 29