Jan 19, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
You can keep voting on the NBA All-Star Game players through the end of the month — you can vote every day between now and then, if your heart so desires.
It’s not going to matter, the All-Star Game starters are pretty locked in.
The NBA released the second round of All-Star balloting returns on Thursday and what jumps off the page is that in every category there is a pretty steep drop off after the first two starters positions. The closest race is Dirk Nowitzki chasing Blake Griffin for the second West forward spot and Dirk only has 57 percent of the votes of Griffin, trailing him by more than 260,000 votes. Nobody is catching them as starters. And the voters only choose the starters (coaches fill out the rest of the roster). So, you’ve done your job.
The All-Star Game is Feb. 26 from Orlando.
Here are the results, which show no changes since last week. Dwight Howard still has gotten more votes than anyone, although Kobe Bryant is now close to him. But you’re not going to see any meaningful changes without a massive campaign by someone that catches fire.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 10
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 28
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games