Jan 19, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
I’ll say it up front — he’ll play. Just watch.
LeBron James has been battling what was described as a “flu-like symptoms” for a few days now, and there were reports that if Dwyane Wade had been able to go against the Spurs Tuesday LeBron may not have.
There was no update on Dwyane Wade and his ankle sprain, which means not to expect him to play even though he officially is still day-to-day.
With no Wade, expect LeBron to go again. Which you might think is an advantage for the Lakers, but maybe you should ask the Spurs about that as LeBron took over the second half of that game as only the best player on the planet can. He finished with 33 and brought Miami back from 14 down to a 22-point win.
In the other locker room, Kobe is banged up but as long as the Lakers training staff can duct tape all his limbs on to his body he will play as well.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32