Jan 19, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
I’ll say it up front — he’ll play. Just watch.
LeBron James has been battling what was described as a “flu-like symptoms” for a few days now, and there were reports that if Dwyane Wade had been able to go against the Spurs Tuesday LeBron may not have.
There was no update on Dwyane Wade and his ankle sprain, which means not to expect him to play even though he officially is still day-to-day.
With no Wade, expect LeBron to go again. Which you might think is an advantage for the Lakers, but maybe you should ask the Spurs about that as LeBron took over the second half of that game as only the best player on the planet can. He finished with 33 and brought Miami back from 14 down to a 22-point win.
In the other locker room, Kobe is banged up but as long as the Lakers training staff can duct tape all his limbs on to his body he will play as well.
- Cavaliers’ No. 1 pick looks good in Summer League. No, not that one. Anthony Bennett. 0
- Report: Pau Gasol nearing three-year, $22 million deal with Bulls 2
- Julius Randle signs rookie contract, makes Summer League debut for Lakers 6
- Report: Houston Rockets will not match Mavericks’ Chandler Parsons’ offer, he’s Dallas bound 60
- Dante Exum impresses in flashes during Summer League debut with Jazz 17
- Reports: Luol Deng agrees to two years, $20 million deal with Miami 67
- Cavaliers coach Blatt: Wiggins “not going anywhere” 86
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 55