Jan 19, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
I’ll say it up front — he’ll play. Just watch.
LeBron James has been battling what was described as a “flu-like symptoms” for a few days now, and there were reports that if Dwyane Wade had been able to go against the Spurs Tuesday LeBron may not have.
There was no update on Dwyane Wade and his ankle sprain, which means not to expect him to play even though he officially is still day-to-day.
With no Wade, expect LeBron to go again. Which you might think is an advantage for the Lakers, but maybe you should ask the Spurs about that as LeBron took over the second half of that game as only the best player on the planet can. He finished with 33 and brought Miami back from 14 down to a 22-point win.
In the other locker room, Kobe is banged up but as long as the Lakers training staff can duct tape all his limbs on to his body he will play as well.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29