Jan 19, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
This really shouldn’t be a surprise — LeBron James has been playing through flu-like symptoms all week — but he will suit up and play against the Lakers Thursday night, the team announced, tweeted Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
LeBron had been sent home from the morning shootaround, so he was officially a game-time decision, but it was expected he would suit up. He’d have to be incredibly ill to miss this one. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said LeBron texted him during and after the shootaround saying he was well enough and really wanted to play. (What was Spo going to do, say no?)
Dwyane Wade will miss the game due to his sprained ankle. Again, not surprise.
If Lakers fans think this makes their team’s job a lot easier or means they will coast to a win, they may want to talk to Spurs fans about that. LeBron dropped 33 points and lead a second half defensive resurgence by the Heat that blew the Spurs out of the water Tuesday.
But it will take more than LeBron for the Heat to win tonight.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9