Jan 19, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
This really shouldn’t be a surprise — LeBron James has been playing through flu-like symptoms all week — but he will suit up and play against the Lakers Thursday night, the team announced, tweeted Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
LeBron had been sent home from the morning shootaround, so he was officially a game-time decision, but it was expected he would suit up. He’d have to be incredibly ill to miss this one. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said LeBron texted him during and after the shootaround saying he was well enough and really wanted to play. (What was Spo going to do, say no?)
Dwyane Wade will miss the game due to his sprained ankle. Again, not surprise.
If Lakers fans think this makes their team’s job a lot easier or means they will coast to a win, they may want to talk to Spurs fans about that. LeBron dropped 33 points and lead a second half defensive resurgence by the Heat that blew the Spurs out of the water Tuesday.
But it will take more than LeBron for the Heat to win tonight.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15