Jan 19, 2012, 2:52 AM EDT
It looked like an innocent play at the time — there wasn’t even a foul called. Atlanta’s Tracy McGrady tried to reach up and block a pass from Portland’s Nicolas Batum, missed it and in the process swiped his face.
But he got Batum in the eye. On possession later Batum was out of the game and went back to the locker room. Soon he had to be taken to the hospital.
After the game Batum told CSNNW.com that he still was seeing double a little bit but that X-rays came back negative and the exam showed nothing serious. He didn’t appear to be showing and serious side effects — save for the double vision thing — and he said he expected to be able to play when the Blazers play the Raptors on Friday.
Good news for Batum and the Blazers that this is not more serious.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4