Jan 19, 2012, 2:52 AM EDT
It looked like an innocent play at the time — there wasn’t even a foul called. Atlanta’s Tracy McGrady tried to reach up and block a pass from Portland’s Nicolas Batum, missed it and in the process swiped his face.
But he got Batum in the eye. On possession later Batum was out of the game and went back to the locker room. Soon he had to be taken to the hospital.
After the game Batum told CSNNW.com that he still was seeing double a little bit but that X-rays came back negative and the exam showed nothing serious. He didn’t appear to be showing and serious side effects — save for the double vision thing — and he said he expected to be able to play when the Blazers play the Raptors on Friday.
Good news for Batum and the Blazers that this is not more serious.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 4
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22