Jan 19, 2012, 2:52 AM EDT
It looked like an innocent play at the time — there wasn’t even a foul called. Atlanta’s Tracy McGrady tried to reach up and block a pass from Portland’s Nicolas Batum, missed it and in the process swiped his face.
But he got Batum in the eye. On possession later Batum was out of the game and went back to the locker room. Soon he had to be taken to the hospital.
After the game Batum told CSNNW.com that he still was seeing double a little bit but that X-rays came back negative and the exam showed nothing serious. He didn’t appear to be showing and serious side effects — save for the double vision thing — and he said he expected to be able to play when the Blazers play the Raptors on Friday.
Good news for Batum and the Blazers that this is not more serious.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20