Jan 19, 2012, 2:52 AM EDT
It looked like an innocent play at the time — there wasn’t even a foul called. Atlanta’s Tracy McGrady tried to reach up and block a pass from Portland’s Nicolas Batum, missed it and in the process swiped his face.
But he got Batum in the eye. On possession later Batum was out of the game and went back to the locker room. Soon he had to be taken to the hospital.
After the game Batum told CSNNW.com that he still was seeing double a little bit but that X-rays came back negative and the exam showed nothing serious. He didn’t appear to be showing and serious side effects — save for the double vision thing — and he said he expected to be able to play when the Blazers play the Raptors on Friday.
Good news for Batum and the Blazers that this is not more serious.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 5
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 27
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 23
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10