Jan 19, 2012, 2:52 AM EDT
It looked like an innocent play at the time — there wasn’t even a foul called. Atlanta’s Tracy McGrady tried to reach up and block a pass from Portland’s Nicolas Batum, missed it and in the process swiped his face.
But he got Batum in the eye. On possession later Batum was out of the game and went back to the locker room. Soon he had to be taken to the hospital.
After the game Batum told CSNNW.com that he still was seeing double a little bit but that X-rays came back negative and the exam showed nothing serious. He didn’t appear to be showing and serious side effects — save for the double vision thing — and he said he expected to be able to play when the Blazers play the Raptors on Friday.
Good news for Batum and the Blazers that this is not more serious.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 49
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 35
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32