Jan 18, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
The Phoenix Suns are not good. They are 4-9, have a terrible defense and their once-feared offense is average (13th in the league in points per possession).
It’s not hard to figure out what is going on, and Steve Nash summed it up honestly in a quote at the end of the game story in the Arizona Republic about the team’s fifth-straight loss (via The Point Forward).
“We’re not filled with talented offensive players,” Nash said. “It’s just the way we are. We’ve got to find a way to get better. Inconsistency comes when we’re not a top-10 talent team any more. We’ve got to work really hard, be really precise and play with a lot of passion, energy and belief.”
That pretty much sums it up.
The question that remains on the table is whether to trade local favorite and icon Steve Nash to help jump start the rebuilding process or not.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 5
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 33
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars