Jan 18, 2012, 11:45 PM EDT
If there is one player the Boston Celtics could not afford to lose this seas0n, it would be Rajon Rondo.
Which is why there were deep breaths taken Rondo took a hard foul by Toronto’s Linas Kleiza with 2:12 left in the third quarter. Rondo — who was in scoring not assist mode all night, finishing with 21 points and 2 assists — was driving the lane for a layup when he took a hard hit from Kleiza, one that caused Rondo to fall awkwardly. His right wrist got caught between himself and the floor. Kleiza was given a flagrant 1 foul for the hit.
Rondo hit one of his two foul shots then walked to the locker room with what was described as a “sore wrist” and did not return to the game.
After the game, Rondo said X-rays on the wrist were negative and said he was day-to-day. The Celtics are off until Friday when they host the Phoenix Suns.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4