Jan 18, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
The Bulls had a target during the frenetic free agency period post-lockout — get a veteran upgrade at the two guard.
But that role was almost filled by Grant Hill, who flirted with the Bulls and Knicks before deciding to keep himself and his family in Phoenix. He tells the Arizona Republic (via CSNChicago.com) he gave a move to the Windy City a lot more consideration than many people thought.
“It was an interesting conversation,” Hill said. “It was very tempting. They’re doing a great job here. It’s a great sports town. They definitely were in the picture, and it took serious consideration on my part.”
Hill would have given the Bulls a little more size, but I think Hamilton might be a better fit with the offense. Hamilton is shooting the ball much better than Hill this year, plus Rip’s off-the-ball movement is a good counter to Rose and Carlos Boozer. While Hill is a quality player his offense comes in different ways.
But Hill would have been an interesting fit.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 10
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32