Jan 18, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
The Bulls had a target during the frenetic free agency period post-lockout — get a veteran upgrade at the two guard.
But that role was almost filled by Grant Hill, who flirted with the Bulls and Knicks before deciding to keep himself and his family in Phoenix. He tells the Arizona Republic (via CSNChicago.com) he gave a move to the Windy City a lot more consideration than many people thought.
“It was an interesting conversation,” Hill said. “It was very tempting. They’re doing a great job here. It’s a great sports town. They definitely were in the picture, and it took serious consideration on my part.”
Hill would have given the Bulls a little more size, but I think Hamilton might be a better fit with the offense. Hamilton is shooting the ball much better than Hill this year, plus Rip’s off-the-ball movement is a good counter to Rose and Carlos Boozer. While Hill is a quality player his offense comes in different ways.
But Hill would have been an interesting fit.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5