Jan 18, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
The Bulls had a target during the frenetic free agency period post-lockout — get a veteran upgrade at the two guard.
But that role was almost filled by Grant Hill, who flirted with the Bulls and Knicks before deciding to keep himself and his family in Phoenix. He tells the Arizona Republic (via CSNChicago.com) he gave a move to the Windy City a lot more consideration than many people thought.
“It was an interesting conversation,” Hill said. “It was very tempting. They’re doing a great job here. It’s a great sports town. They definitely were in the picture, and it took serious consideration on my part.”
Hill would have given the Bulls a little more size, but I think Hamilton might be a better fit with the offense. Hamilton is shooting the ball much better than Hill this year, plus Rip’s off-the-ball movement is a good counter to Rose and Carlos Boozer. While Hill is a quality player his offense comes in different ways.
But Hill would have been an interesting fit.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 32
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 19
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14