Jan 18, 2012, 3:28 PM EST
The Bulls had a target during the frenetic free agency period post-lockout — get a veteran upgrade at the two guard.
But that role was almost filled by Grant Hill, who flirted with the Bulls and Knicks before deciding to keep himself and his family in Phoenix. He tells the Arizona Republic (via CSNChicago.com) he gave a move to the Windy City a lot more consideration than many people thought.
“It was an interesting conversation,” Hill said. “It was very tempting. They’re doing a great job here. It’s a great sports town. They definitely were in the picture, and it took serious consideration on my part.”
Hill would have given the Bulls a little more size, but I think Hamilton might be a better fit with the offense. Hamilton is shooting the ball much better than Hill this year, plus Rip’s off-the-ball movement is a good counter to Rose and Carlos Boozer. While Hill is a quality player his offense comes in different ways.
But Hill would have been an interesting fit.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 4
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13