Jan 18, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
The Bulls had a target during the frenetic free agency period post-lockout — get a veteran upgrade at the two guard.
But that role was almost filled by Grant Hill, who flirted with the Bulls and Knicks before deciding to keep himself and his family in Phoenix. He tells the Arizona Republic (via CSNChicago.com) he gave a move to the Windy City a lot more consideration than many people thought.
“It was an interesting conversation,” Hill said. “It was very tempting. They’re doing a great job here. It’s a great sports town. They definitely were in the picture, and it took serious consideration on my part.”
Hill would have given the Bulls a little more size, but I think Hamilton might be a better fit with the offense. Hamilton is shooting the ball much better than Hill this year, plus Rip’s off-the-ball movement is a good counter to Rose and Carlos Boozer. While Hill is a quality player his offense comes in different ways.
But Hill would have been an interesting fit.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9