Jan 18, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
So, please use this small sample size to decide that Bynum should/should not be traded for Howard. We all know one game tells you all you need to know, not how a player performs over a stretch of years.
Bynum played the diplomat when asked to compare himself to Howard, via Andy Kamenetzky at ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“The guy is definitely more proven … so for myself, I always look up to him and want to be able to get the ball and do the things he does with it. I think I learn a lot from watching him play, the way he rim-runs, and gets low and things like that. It’s a fun game.”
Well, unless you’re the guy that has to cover him. That’s much less fun.
“It’s tough,” admitted Bynum. “You don’t want to get embarrassed, so you have to bring your A-game.”
With Bynum the Lakers have the personnel that can give the Magic trouble — they struggle against teams that have a big that can match up with Howard, allowing them not to double and stay home on perimeter shooters. As a team, the Magic are shooting 41.1 percent from beyond the arc, and they do a fantastic job of taking the three and not the long two pointer. Ryan Anderson has been fantastic, averaging 17.8 points per game and playing at an All-Star level (his PER is actually higher than Howard’s right now).
It will be a good game. Just be sure not to draw too big a conclusion from it.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 1
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PBT: Spurs rally to beat Grizzlies in OT, take 3-0 lead
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile