Jan 18, 2012, 1:14 PM EST
So, please use this small sample size to decide that Bynum should/should not be traded for Howard. We all know one game tells you all you need to know, not how a player performs over a stretch of years.
Bynum played the diplomat when asked to compare himself to Howard, via Andy Kamenetzky at ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“The guy is definitely more proven … so for myself, I always look up to him and want to be able to get the ball and do the things he does with it. I think I learn a lot from watching him play, the way he rim-runs, and gets low and things like that. It’s a fun game.”
Well, unless you’re the guy that has to cover him. That’s much less fun.
“It’s tough,” admitted Bynum. “You don’t want to get embarrassed, so you have to bring your A-game.”
With Bynum the Lakers have the personnel that can give the Magic trouble — they struggle against teams that have a big that can match up with Howard, allowing them not to double and stay home on perimeter shooters. As a team, the Magic are shooting 41.1 percent from beyond the arc, and they do a fantastic job of taking the three and not the long two pointer. Ryan Anderson has been fantastic, averaging 17.8 points per game and playing at an All-Star level (his PER is actually higher than Howard’s right now).
It will be a good game. Just be sure not to draw too big a conclusion from it.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (54)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (39)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)