Jan 17, 2012, 1:43 AM EDT
When will people learn to cover Derek Fisher on a potential game winning shot? Let’s be clear — Derek Fisher has almost nothing left and should barely see the court for the Lakers. But what he still has in abundance is a self-confidence that in the biggest moments lets him fearlessly let a shot fly.
Dallas made a smart play, they doubled early to get the ball out of Kobe Bryant‘s hands — don’t let him beat you. But Fisher then got a clean look and drained that shot, and if he had passed Pau Gasol would have had a clean look on the baseline (Dirk Nowitzki hesitates on the close out on Fisher when he senses how open Gasol is and the pass might go there).
The Lakers are the worst three point shooting team in the league and were 0-9 from three in the game before that moment. But when it is Fisher with the game on the line, he knows no fear.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10